By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Help buying headphones?

I've been planning on buying good noise-cancelling headphones.
Right now I'm leaning towards the Bose QC3, since I've heard how comfortable and great it's noise cancelling technology is, though I have heard it has lousy or average sound quality. I have their On-ear headphones and it's really comfortable. I also have the Sony MDR-NC20 noise-cancelling headphones, but It's not comfortable and the sound quality is pretty bad.

Can anyone more knowledgable about headphones offer some advice?
Any input would be greatly apprreciated. ^_^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

I have a pair of Skullcandy noise-canceling headphones. The sound quality off them is excellent and they block out backround noise quite well.

Before that, I had a pair of Mikomi ones, but they weren't nearly as good.

Skullcandy?
That's the first I've heard of that brand.
I'll try looking it up.
Sound quality and comfortability is the features I'm looking for the most.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

"Skullcandy products are known for having unusual names and stylish designs. Their high end headphones have a good reputation among DJs for providing comfort and high quality sound reproduction."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skullcandy

:)

Sounds nice.
Thanks for the info.
I'll try to find some reviews to see how good they are. ^_^

Around the Network

I have some Big ass headphones from the 80s. They dont cancel noice but look cool :)

^_^

skeezer said:
I have some Big ass headphones from the 80s. They dont cancel noice but look cool :)

Haha, I can only imagine. ^_^

I used to have one of those very big headphones, well it was my dad's but I liked using them with my CD player.

If you buy a Bose for sound, you need new ears. Where do you plan to use your headphones? What do you plan to listen to? A set for someone doing a lot of traveling will not be the same you'd want to use as a DJ, or to listen to music in your home couch.

I plan on using them at home, I don't travel much.
There's a lot of ambient noise in my home( brother listening to his own music on the other room, tv blasting sounds up on the second floor, etc)

Sound quality was my concern behind the QC3 which is why I made this thread.

I have Zalman headphones (5.1 Audio) and I must say they are the best I've ever heard.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself