By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Heartwarming Wii Photo

Maybe he is level headed, but is in the truth...

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

Around the Network
Smash_Brother said:
(enter hundreds of angry PS360 fanholes, pooping in their hands and flinging it around the place, claiming this kid is responsible for the death of "real" gaming)

Seriously, I'm surprised they haven't shown up yet.

You also seem eager to take their place.  Do you really think that those remarks are in any way different than the ones your criticising (which haven't even occured)?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

To get back on topic, before a pointless flame war begins, I love the picture. It really is heartwarming. Man, I really think it's great to see stuff like this happen. I hope more of these kinds of things get posted on the board too.

This is the big reason I want the Wii to win so badly. The revamping of how games are played are most certainly exciting but the revolution in bridging gaps between people make me MUCH MORE enthusiastic over Wii's success.

I just witnessed this again yesterday playing at my neighbor's house: mom & her 2 kids. She was a whiz at Golf but her Bowling game needed work. (on the upside I got my first hole-in-one that day! was TOTALLY shocked! still lost overall but that made my day!)

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Not to be the guy who ruins everything but can't the same thing be done with a classic controller? But I guess they are having fun and that is what counts.

Around the Network

Maybe it's good for these patients to get their limbs moving. I don't know enough about the disease to say.

Andrew said:
Not to be the guy who ruins everything but can't the same thing be done with a classic controller? But I guess they are having fun and that is what counts.

With cerebral palsy, I don't think he would have the finger control to play with a classic controller.  Just moving limbs at the correct time is doing pretty good for that condition...

jlauro said:
Andrew said:

With cerebral palsy, I don't think he would have the finger control to play with a classic controller. Just moving limbs at the correct time is doing pretty good for that condition...

Yeah, he's lucky he can even swing his arms with any reaction.  So no, a joystick wouldn't work, and it certainly wouldn't give that feeling of doing the actual swinging, which is really special for someone in that condition.

Blind....

hmmm.....

How about a star wars lightsaber game ala luke's first usage of the lightsaber? He was blindfolded. "Feel the force" in the remote (vibrates more or less as you "feel" the location of the orb) and try to deflect the shots and strike down the floating orb...

:) cool...

Dang that disease sucks. Lets hope they can cure it, but in the meantime lets hope he has as much fun as he possibly can.