By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

WONDER TWINS GO! ICE TIGER! BUCKET OF WATER!......*splash*

Around the Network

-HEROES

Marvel: I really like Hulk, Spider-Man, and Captain America. I dislike almost everyone else, although I tolerate Iron Man. I liked The Avengers.

DC: I really like Batman, Green Lantern, and Green Arrow. I dislike almost everyone else, but tolerate Superman. I despise the Flash (stop violating Newton's First Law you bastard!). The Watchmen are amazing.

-MOVIES

Marvel: Spider-Man 3 was absolutely awful, and Spider-Man 1 and 2 were only good. X-Men movies were horrible. The Fantastic 4 movies were horrible, as was Ghost Rider. Blade movies were good. The Incredible Hulk was good, and Iron Man was great (despite me not really liking him as a hero). So yeah, one great movie out of Marvel, and a few good ones.

DC: Superman Returns was good. The first series of Batman movies was horrible, as was Catwoman and most other movies they've made. Road to Perdition and V for Vendetta were absolutely great, as was Batman Begins. So three great movies, but much fewer good movies.

I don't read much comics, so what I know of the heroes is what I see in movies, TV Shows, or read on compendium books, which I actually have an extensive collection of. I also read The Watchmen comics, which I absolutely love. Overall DC gets the edge from me, but I like both.

Naz, you're forgetting Shaquille O'Neal as DC's armored Super-Hero, Steel.

If memory serves, that was the "Citizen Kane" of Super Hero movies! Super Girl, from what I'm told, was even better. I was too young to see the subtle nuances of that movie..........I gotta lay down. Sarcasm on that level has made me dizzy.

On the strength of the Vertigo imprint, I definitely give the nod to DC. Series like Preacher, Transmetropolitan and Sandman have produced some of the best graphic novels around.

As for the subject of films, I can't believe anyone would consider Blade: Trinity to be remotely comparable to the first two films. I can't remember the last time I was so thoroughly disappointed by a sequel to a previous film that I had really enjoyed.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

GooseGaws said:
On the strength of the Vertigo imprint, I definitely give the nod to DC. Series like Preacher, Transmetropolitan and Sandman have produced some of the best graphic novels around.

As for the subject of films, I can't believe anyone would consider Blade: Trinity to be remotely comparable to the first two films. I can't remember the last time I was so thoroughly disappointed by a sequel to a previous film that I had really enjoyed.

I dint think the Trinity was that bad....but the second one just straight up suxxored

Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:
GooseGaws said:

I dint think the Trinity was that bad....but the second one just straight up suxxored

I really liked the second... I thought Guillermo Del Toro did a fine job with it (plus, it was a stepping stone towards Hellboy).  I guess we'll just agree to disagree.  :)

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I don't read much comics but I prefer the Marvel Universe mostly. I always liked the X-Men and the Incredible Hulk. More Recently I have been reading through Deadpool and love him, by far he is my favorite comic character.

DC. I never got too much into Marvel, except for Spiderman. By the way, Marvel may have more movies, but DC has the cartoons: Batman, Superman, Justice League,...

www.jamesvandermemes.com

DC. Used to perfer Marvel as a kid... but eh...

Marvel is just... horrible now.

Spiderman is making deals with the devil (literally)

They killed Captain America for no reason.

They had it so Gweyn Stacey slept with the Green Goblin.

Avengers Disassembled, House of M, Civil War.... all crap.

The new avengers series suck, because Bendis doesn't know how to write team books because he never learned how to make characters not sound exactly the same....

Marvel is a mess right now comics wise.

Marvel all the way. The X-Men is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Gambit FTW!

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!