By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft pays 50 million dollars for GTA Exclusive Content

The $50 million, as I understand it, was for 2 exclusive downloadable episodes (estimated 10 hours of gameplay each). Grand Theft Auto, the actual retail game, was never going to be a Sony exclusive in the first place...maybe a "time exclusive", but you all know I don't consider that to mean "exclusive" at all. GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas were all released on the Xbox1 at some point.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
naznatips said:
libellule said:

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&console=PS2&publisher=&sort=Others
Here are all the PS2 games, put in order of most sales in PAL territories to least. Grand Theft Auto occupies the 1st, 2nd, and 4th highest positions.

==> impressive ... so many "bad" games so high in the top (FIFA, NFS ...)

so finally, the GTA add-on content will be exclusive or not ?
I don't get the point about what was saying take2 ?

did M$ give take2 50M$ for this exclusivity ?

There were so many bad games in the top because the PS2 was what the Wii is. The casual gamer system. Of course hardcore are mixed in there, but sports games, racing games, GTA games, that kind of stuff will sell very well. Of course GTA really sells to both casual and hardcore, but it really is a casual game.

GTA is a game for both audiences, kinda like Super Mario...

Yeah I wish people would just realize there is Hardcore, there is Casual, and then there is everything in between. The players who don't fit into either category completely are probably 90% of the players.

funny thread. ms paid for the extra content last year before the ps3 had released. had the known the massive failure it would become they wouldn't have done it.

This reminds me of when Sony paid Konami to make MGS exclusive to the PS. Before that, the game was going to be on the Saturn and N64 as well.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

tkjinak said:
funny thread. ms paid for the extra content last year before the ps3 had released. had the known the massive failure it would become they wouldn't have done it.

Still possible for the PS3 to catch up to the 360 you know...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!