By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Kid Icarus should be Metroid Prime?

Soleron said:
sc94597 said:
Soleron said:
tehsage said:

Majora's Mask wants you to play it again.

Never played it (I don't like Zelda). Explain.

What? How could you like metroid prime, but not zelda? They are very similar Action-Adventure games. Anyway Majora's Mask had a dark theme so that is where he is getting at. You said it is a nintendo game so it shouldn't have a dark theme.

@Tehsage Majora's Mask has tons of children, including link,  so I don't think you should be saying "adult". Also TP has dark themes, and I would say it is far more dark, and majora's mask was far more depressing.

I don't know. I just don't like the feel of Zelda. It's probably in part due to the dark themes and the vulnerability. I recoggnise their quality though; I have bought but only partially played LttP, OoT, WW and TP.

What I mean by vulnerability is that in Zelda dungeons, you don't feel 'safe' and you feel 'lost'. That turns me off these games for some reason. It's hard to feel vulnerable in a Power Suit with sci-fi beam weapons and missiles (Metroid) or when your opponents are cute and non-threatening (Mario, Pokemon, Advance Wars).

Kid Icarus won't be a bad game if it was dark and cinematic; it just wouldn't be a Nintendo game in my opinion and I, a 'core Nintendo fan' by most standards, wouldn't buy it. I assumed my position was typical of fans - this may not be the case/

I always thought of metroid(mostly the 2d metroids) to be very dark. You always felt alone, and you may be very powerful, but so are your enemies(Metroids, Ridley,etc). I guess its just different perspectives.

Around the Network

They should aim for the GoW visual style but more plataform/adventure oriented...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
BengaBenga said:
Faxanadu said:
Like I said, Nintendos answer to God of War.

Oh, and if you dont know eggplants, then you have not lived through gaming hell.

Your avatar tells me you survived more gaming hells.

Great game though, but NES style unforgiving.

Yes, definitely. Getting past the first couple of enemies was really a tough one in my Avatar.

@sc: It will not be a platformer.

@damkira: Darker than trying to escape the underworld? How so?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I want Kid Icarus to be just that, KID ICARUS. I really don't want a fusion of Zelda and Metroid. The first Kid Icarus game was unique from Metroid because of its various styles of play. One level, you're going up. The next, you're going through a dungeon. After that, you're going sideways. And the final level, you're flying around.

I just want the New Kid Icarus to be like that but more modernized, Wii controls that work well and possibly more styles of play. Sometimes when I hear people saying it should be like Zelda they make me think they never finished the first one.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Faxanadu said:
BengaBenga said:
Faxanadu said:
Like I said, Nintendos answer to God of War.

Oh, and if you dont know eggplants, then you have not lived through gaming hell.

Your avatar tells me you survived more gaming hells.

Great game though, but NES style unforgiving.

Yes, definitely. Getting past the first couple of enemies was really a tough one in my Avatar.

@sc: It will not be a platformer.

@damkira: Darker than trying to escape the underworld? How so?

So its going to be a hack in slash? I still think it will be either a platformer or action-adventure.

Around the Network

@sc: I would imagine it to be a mix of platforming/ adventure and hack & slash.

Didnt they give him two swords as a secondary weapon in SSBB? I think that indicates something...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
@sc: I would imagine it to be a mix of platforming/ adventure and hack & slash.

Didnt they give him two swords as a secondary weapon in SSBB? I think that indicates something...

Maybe, but I think we should wait and see.

I hope it won't be like MP in gameplay...I hope it'll be as GOOD as MP though...

I could see it more like a LoZ style gameplay mixed with mario......maybe a bit of Metroid

(the original game was made by combining Mario, Zelda and Metroid together)

so I think it'll be safer that way..instead of only leaning in one direction

I would like 3rd person point of view vs 1st. More of a cross between elements in both Zelda and Metroid.

More realistic vs 'cartoony', yet no need for blood and guts.

Definite need to acquire some form of powerups, similar to original but with a lot more enhancements.

I'd prefer the Icarus we have seen in Brawl vs another 'kid'. Basically, a teen version.

I can't wait for E3 to see what it will be like.

Hopefully it's more Zelda-like.