By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just picked up Persona 3: FES. Couple of questions.

As a big fan of RPG's I finally picked up a Persona game, yes it is sad that it took this long... I know. Anyways I have a couple of questions.

#1 - Do these tie into the previous two games? If so, do I need to play the first two to understand what is going on?

Second question isn't exactly about this game but I felt the need to ask anyways.

My local Gamestop had Digital Devil Saga in stock, is it similar to Persona? Which of these games would have been a better purchase?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Persona 3 is better, but I hear DDS is great as well

You don't need to play the previous ones, it's kinda like FF, same general theme but completely different characters and story.

1. You don't need to play the previous games to understand the story. I've only played 1 & 3. So think of it like Final Fantasy.

2. You've made an excellent choice buying Persona 3 FES. DDS is good, but P3FES is better.

I couldn't say no to $30 for a brand spankin' new copy. All games should be this cheap. :)

DDS was also $40 used, so that also helped in my decision.

Anyways these answers sound great, can't wait to start playing.

One last question.

How does this game look on PS3? Better to upscale or no? Would it look better if I just play it on my PS2?

It makes no mention of progressive scan on the box, which to be honest is upsetting considering it was recently released.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

I heard the environments look better on the PS2, but I only played it on my PS3. The game looks fine to me on the PS3.

Around the Network

Alright, sounds good.

I'm gonna start playing it now.

Currently playing:

yeah I'm the same as Mirson...only played it through BC. My apologies.

But as he said, I never noticed anything bad about the graphics.

I would suggest that DDS is better, but you really need to get both DDS games (which would cost even more, no doubt). FES is an unbelievable deal, and definitely a wise purchase.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

GooseGaws said:
I would suggest that DDS is better, but you really need to get both DDS games (which would cost even more, no doubt). FES is an unbelievable deal, and definitely a wise purchase.

I was going to pick up both, but for $40 on a used game where the back of the box had a big gash through it and the insert was badly cut and damaged... I would rather pick it up on eBay.

Currently playing: