By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chrono Trigger teaser on site

It looks like it's mostly a direct port which to me is kinda disapointing. It should have been released on the virtual console... this is just a lame cash grab.

It's a great game though... well worth your time.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

I lost some hype, but I'm still buying the game, and I hope the enhancements are excellent like the game.

Oh and they should have advertised the new content in the trailer.

I'm so pumped about this game. I'm almost happier that it's an enhanced port than a remake; Square would probably just screw it up if they tried to do a full blown remake. New dungeons, dual screens, and whatever other various enhancements they add are enough for me.

Plus, more significantly, this means that the Chrono series ISN'T DEAD

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

blaydcor said:
I'm so pumped about this game. I'm almost happier that it's an enhanced port than a remake; Square would probably just screw it up if they tried to do a full blown remake. New dungeons, dual screens, and whatever other various enhancements they add are enough for me.

Plus, more significantly, this means that the Chrono series ISN'T DEAD

Chrono was never dead.  S-E said that there was interest in developing a third Chrono game.  They just wanted the original development team for the Chrono series to work on it.  This includes but not limited to, Masato Kato as scenario writer/director and Yasunori Mitsuda as the composer.  It is possible to get some of the team if not all of them back together to develop the third game.

Around the Network

This game is so amazing. If they make a brand new one, it had better be like this, and not a piece of shit like Chrono Cross.

ikilledkenny said:
This game is so amazing. If they make a brand new one, it had better be like this, and not a piece of shit like Chrono Cross.

Chrono Trigger is the better game but Chrono Cross was still amazing in its own right IMO.  It probably just wasn't your cup of tea.

Riachu said:
ikilledkenny said:

Chrono Trigger is the better game but Chrono Cross was still amazing in its own right IMO. It probably just wasn't your cup of tea.

The problem with Chrono Cross is it's story didn't make any sense.  It didn't make any sense as a Chrono Trigger sequel, nor did it make any sense as a self contained game. 

All in all it was just very poorly written with no character development anywhere due to having like 50 characters.

Some people complain about the battle system too... but i thought it was fine.

Kasz216 said:
Riachu said:
ikilledkenny said:

Chrono Trigger is the better game but Chrono Cross was still amazing in its own right IMO. It probably just wasn't your cup of tea.

The problem with Chrono Cross is it's story didn't make any sense. It didn't make any sense as a Chrono Trigger sequel, nor did it make any sense as a self contained game.

All in all it was just very poorly written with no character development anywhere due to having like 50 characters.

Some people complain about the battle system too... but i thought it was fine.

It was not poorly written, that is just opinion.  The no character development thing was a lie.  A lot of the characters were optional so there was no need to have much backstory for them.  The characters that actually mattered in the plot got some pretty decent backround as well.  The story is great, it was just marred by a few pacing problems which don't ruin the actual plot.  You guys keep saying that too many JRPGs were using the same plot.  However, when a high profile JRPG does have a more unique plot, you just claim it was very poorly written or something like that.  If anyone wants to oppose, atleast give me valid reasons.  I will be glad if anyone wants to back me up.

Not really a good trailer, but this was only a teaser trailer really, so no more should be expected.

This is a TBRPG, or what?

Does it have a lot of strategy involved?

Are there any riddles?

It looks fun, and as much as people seem to love it, I might purchase it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS