By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV Episodic Content Xbox360 exclusive

This "episodic content" in exclusively available for the 360 since it didn't fit on the disc LOL

It's should already included on the PS3 version

Around the Network

Ok lets wrap this up... The exclusive episodic content won't be on PS3 otherwise it wouldn't be exclusive. And here's a link:

http://www.xboxic.com/news/3071

During Take-Two’s quarter-two financial report this past week, the company mentioned that the episodic content will appear on the 360 in early 2008. Although they failed to mention the PS3 whatsoever, some still denounced that the content would eventually show up on Sony’s console. Now, Take-Two has shot down all such remarks in their proclamation of its exclusivity.

“The Grand Theft Auto IV episodic content is exclusive to Xbox 360.”

The Take-Two representative’s statement can’t get any more clear than that.

Grand Theft Auto IV is still scheduled for release on both the 360 and PS3 on October 19th of this year: a new trailer is also due out by the end of this month. For now, be sure to check out some screenshots and the game’s only trailer.

Thanks for the extra link Legend11.

Legend11 said:
Ok lets wrap this up... The exclusive episodic content won't be on PS3 otherwise it wouldn't be exclusive. And here's a link:

http://www.xboxic.com/news/3071

During Take-Two’s quarter-two financial report this past week, the company mentioned that the episodic content will appear on the 360 in early 2008. Although they failed to mention the PS3 whatsoever, some still denounced that the content would eventually show up on Sony’s console. Now, Take-Two has shot down all such remarks in their proclamation of its exclusivity.

“The Grand Theft Auto IV episodic content is exclusive to Xbox 360.”

The Take-Two representative’s statement can’t get any more clear than that.

Grand Theft Auto IV is still scheduled for release on both the 360 and PS3 on October 19th of this year: a new trailer is also due out by the end of this month. For now, be sure to check out some screenshots and the game’s only trailer.

I still want the details.  Extra content could still ship with the PS3.  There is no reason they can't put episodic content on the PSN as well. 

vizunary said:
This "episodic content" in exclusively available for the 360 since it didn't fit on the disc LOL

why would it be exclusive content if it was on the PS3 disc?  That would be called non-exclusive content. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Episodic content is exclusive to GTAIV for 360.

That means actual episodes (extentions maybe of the MQ, ect) are going to be available.

However, I am near 100% certain at a minimum they'll have some extra content. I believe the wording is key. Its signalling that (IMO) the 360 is probably going to have the better content, but I am near sure that GTAIV PS3 will have something for it - but probably less.

Why? I think Rockstar is going to push the bigger (and more costly) content on the system destined to make more cash. Simple economics.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

johnsobas said:
vizunary said:

why would it be exclusive content if it was on the PS3 disc? That would be called non-exclusive content.

Well it has been stated before that the 2 games may have different exclusive content.  The PS3 stuff might be on the disc and the 360 stuff might be downloadable.  So they might both have exclusive content but 2 different ways to deliver it.

I call that greedy.