By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV Episodic Content Xbox360 exclusive

It was rumored, but now it has been confirmed.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25852

Now a company representative has told GI.biz, "The Grand Theft Auto IV episodic content is exclusive to Xbox 360."

I wonder how this will influence GTA IV sales on the 360...

Edit: And here it is again. Exclusive means exclusive. http://www.xboxic.com/news/3071

Around the Network

I guess it depends on how soon it comes out if it will affect things (and what it is exactly). A bad thing for PS3 owners anyway you slice it though. It could be timed exclusive doublespeak like you said.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I read somewhere that it could be that all of this content is already available on the PS3 version, but I also remember Take-Two saying that both games would contain identical content. Maybe they will clear this up soon.

Oh ,here we go again .....

Its funny how some websites are constantly trying to revolve things in the worst light possible for Sony .

When they said the PS3 version would have as well downloadable content it was said it wasnt the same as the X360 version as that one was exclusive .In the same way ,the downloadable content of the PSN will be exclusive of the PS3 .

All this Sony hate is reaaaally boooring ......they dont stop to twist news and interpret things to hurt Sony .One must be very well informed not to fall into this insanity .

OR, blind to not see to the truth. Personally, I dont care either way. If I have to pay for it, I wouldnt be downloading it in either version.

Around the Network

I dont really care anymore I am fucking tired of this circus.

Dammmit... i was hoping it was gonna be on the ps3 so it could be free... Ill still probably get the ps3 version though...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

DonWii said:
I read somewhere that it could be that all of this content is already available on the PS3 version, but I also remember Take-Two saying that both games would contain identical content. Maybe they will clear this up soon.

I have also heard this. In that case the PS3 version would be better or at least the same. It would make perfect sense considering the extra space available on the blu-ray disc.

No reason Sony wouldn't let them put the "extra" content on the PSN, either, so I think in the end it will be the same game.  Considering no details have been announced, I'm not concerned yet.

I wonder how this will affect sales of the game for PS3.

Diomedes1976 said:
Oh ,here we go again .....

Its funny how some websites are constantly trying to revolve things in the worst light possible for Sony .

When they said the PS3 version would have as well downloadable content it was said it wasnt the same as the X360 version as that one was exclusive .In the same way ,the downloadable content of the PSN will be exclusive of the PS3 .

All this Sony hate is reaaaally boooring ......they dont stop to twist news and interpret things to hurt Sony .One must be very well informed not to fall into this insanity .

Can you post an actual link please??

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."