By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - ZOMG!!! I think I just survived RROD

Most likely a lose wire\hard drive connection.
This is a good way for prank on your friend.
Check this up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVhAf8I1Vck

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
NJ5 said:
Bobo012893 said:
Mine RROD'd when I had it and some random guy on psn told me to squeeze the console together really hard and it fixed the RROD. So if your 360 ever breaks just squeeze it together in the middle and it fixes it.

If it happens to me, I'd rather just send it to MS and let them fix it than risking to break the console myself by squeezing it.

For some reason that made me laugh, how could that possibly help?

Don't quote me on this, but I think I remember talk about RROD being a problem with a warped motherboard causing bad electrical contacts. Squeezing the console might bend the motherboard back to a better position, so it may be a temporary workaround.

IMO, the smart thing to do is to just send it for repair. A temporary workaround like squeezing the console will only make you risk having a later RROD after the warranty expires, at which point you'll regret having done it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

yeah it happens to me a lot during thunderstorm when I'm not behind a power regulator.... it their is a surge in the circuit it turns RRoD I just have to turn it off and on and it works... I'm still 100% RRoD less since feb 2006

The red lights cover a whole variety of conditions, not just RROD. People panic when they see them, but the vast majority of the time, it's that the system program didn't load properly, and a restart is all that's needed. Microsoft had seen a good number of consoles sent in that are actually fine. That's why they want you to call support and have them walk you through a few steps before they send you a coffin - to make sure you actually have a problem needing refurb.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

It could have been a power issue.

We were at a friends house this weekend and had a power surge. Two of our consoles immediately showed the 3 red lights. Turning them off and back on solved the problem. The rings don't always mean a permanent failure.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection