By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance sells 2 million

You say Resistance has sold a lot. What does that mean? What number should VGC update the number to? What is your souce for that number? 'A lot' is not a number. 'More than 2 million' is not a number. 

Around the Network

wtf i quoted an article in my first post that said it sold 2 million, IF i said it sold "a lot" im probably refrencing that post, and i never said "more that 2 million" check the posts.

"Rule of thumb Hassan. U Can't kill the MESSIAH"-Kane Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun

First I would say if Sony has shipped 2 millions Resitance, congrats and well done. I have problem to see that they would have 2 millions to end users because USA + Japan has barley sold 1 million. So that would mean that the attach ratio is around 1 in others.

After that I think smgods pic is a little bit insulting, if he had something like blue3 had before in his sig I could take it. But having two i hanged in a Wii logo is for me a problem, because in almost every advertisment those ii stands for a person which means that you indicating that they should be hanged.

EDIT: I have reported that pic because I think it is awfull.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

If you don't even know if a statistic represents consumers or retailer sales, you have no business asking for the site to be updated.

VGC works hard on their statistics and it's insulting to tell them they are wrong based on some vague statement given by biased source.

robjoh said:

First I would say if Sony has shipped 2 millions Resitance, congrats and well done. I have problem to see that they would have 2 millions to end users because USA + Japan has barley sold 1 million. So that would mean that the attach ratio is around 1 in others.

After that I think smgods pic is a little bit insulting, if he had something like blue3 had before in his sig I could take it. But having two i hanged in a Wii logo is for me a problem, because in almost every advertisment those ii stands for a person which means that you indicating that they should be hanged.

EDIT: I have reported that pic because I think it is awfull.

good for u

"Rule of thumb Hassan. U Can't kill the MESSIAH"-Kane Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
If you don't even know if a statistic represents consumers or retailer sales, you have no business asking for the site to be updated.

VGC works hard on their statistics and it's insulting to tell them they are wrong based on some vague statement given by biased source.

damn fishy im srry if i offended u just posting a news article i saw, didn't mean to insult vgc, and my buisness is my buisness, i didn't say they were wrong just that they needed to be updated jeeze.

Telling they need to be updated is exactly the same thing as saying they are wrong.

Read Ioi's message in this thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=3185

Groan, I get fed up of random people creating an account on this site and then saying "YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR NUMBERS THEY ARE WRONG BECAUSE I HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD THIS PRESS RELEASE OR NEWS INFO AND HAVE NO CLUE OF HOW YOU CALCULATE YOUR NUMBERS OR WHAT THEY MEAN".

FishyJoe said:
Telling they need to be updated is exactly the same thing as saying they are wrong.

not in my opinion, they might not have seen the acticle that resistance has sold 2 million, doesn't mean their wrong just haven't updated the site yet.

This thread is retarded.
smgod can keep his avatar, I don't really care...but there are multiple threads on this topic already.

And as stated by FishyJoe, when a developer states that 2 million copies have been sold, he is not the final word on how many copies have actually gotten into consumers' hands. We work on the numbers here, and if we need to change the numbers, we will. I don't appreciate new users coming in just to tell us we're wrong.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )