By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 64% of ppl give up on Wii Fit

I'm not sure how this is bad news...the game has been out for over 6 months, there are very few games were people still play everyday after 6 months....

Former something....

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
CrazzyMan said:
Negative Wii news. =))

I know, more people play Wii Fit on a daily basis than have bought the best selling PS3 game in Japan ... Awful news

What has the ps3 got to do with how many people quit wii fit?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

These are totally fine numbers.

Let's say an average sessionday is 30 minutes of play. I guess that's what most people are willing to. Some do more, some do less.

22% play every day. Each week that translates to 210 minutes. Total by these people is 4620 minutes

6% play it 2.5 times a week, which translates to 75 minutes a week. Total is 450 minutes

6% play it 1 time a week, which translates to 30 minutes a week. 180 is the total minutes.

64% play it 0 times, which translates to 0 min a week.

This means that the average play is roughly 52.5 minutes.

If the average ownage is 5 months (6 might seem more fair, but remember that everyone didn't buy it first week).

That equals to 22 weeks.

The average play of Wii Fit by these people is therefore 19.25 hours and it increases heavily every week.

Wii Fit is a game that is almost certainly played by several people. 2-3 pr Wii Fit seems very realistic, but if we say 2, that means that these statistics imply that it has been used around 40 hours.

This means Wii Fit is among the most averaged excercise machines.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

greenmedic88 said:

Again, the poll does not reflect how long they have been using the product or when they bought it.

They could have had Wii Fit for two weeks or less and say they still use it every day which would be 100% true.

I'd like to see how many people who bought Wii Fit, present company included, will still be able to claim that they use Wii Fit on a daily basis, preferably for something other than just as a scale, in six months.

My guess will be not many.  

The poll is entirely meaningless for reasons repeated throughout this thread. Self selecting data makes the numbers entirely meaningless. If Wii haters want to pretend they are meaningful in one way, I am happy to pretend they are meaningful in another to play along. Also, how many games do you play daily one month after release? How many do you play weekly 6 months after?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

love how ppl try to use math to justify their own beliefs

2+2=4 therefor wii fit is a sucess

Xbox360 and Ps3 owner

I spit in your mouth at nite

Around the Network
Psymatiq said:

I agree. Saying stuff without proof is much better.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

No surprises. Interest dies off over time. 1000 out of 5000000 Wii Fit may equal only 0.2% but hey that is enough for a random sample.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Psymatiq said:

I agree. Saying stuff without proof is much better.

It works for Stoltenberg!

Rock_on_2008 said:
No surprises. Interest dies off over time. 1000 out of 5000000 Wii Fit may equal only 0.2% but hey that is enough for a random sample.

It is for enough for a random sample if the sample is aquired randomly. This is a survey done with self selected data and is thus entirely invalid.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Can we use data from the Nintendo Channel to help us with this argument?

This is my signature.