By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock PS3 at E3. No Trophies for CoD4.

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=12046&sid=1ae96829854839ed1e301c1f65c67688&title=Digital+Extremes+helping+out+with+PS3+version+of+BioShock

Bioshock will be at E3, and Digital Extremes is helping 2K get the PS3 version together in time for this year.

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=12047&sid=1ae96829854839ed1e301c1f65c67688&title=No+%27trophies%27+for+Call+of+Duty+4

CoD4 won't be having trophies.

Infinity Ward's Communications and Community Manager Robert Bowling, otherwise known as fourzerotwo on the forums, stated that the reward system had simply been implemented too late. "At this time, we have no plans to patch in Trophy support for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for the PS3," he said. "Much like DualShock rumble addition to the PS3, the support for these new features have come much too late for us to add it to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare due to our current production schedule."

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I'm really looking forward to Bioshock on PS3 at E3, i beat the game on the 360 and it was fun but the story kinda fell apart near the end.

And no real surprise that IW will not be patching the game for the PS3, they have zero love for the system. And the 402 guy is retarded at best, i so wish he played the game on the PS3, i'd camp that bitch with the M16 all day.

@Griffin

Just looking at your PS3 gamercard. Are those the official graphics for the trophies? They all look so similar. Also, is there the same amount of trophies for every game or can 1 game be 50 trophies and another 15 trophies?

Sorry to go off topic starcraft.

Trophies dont really interest me for COD4, but is there any word on customizing ingame music for COD4?

Tifa got MOVES!

EaglesEye379 said:
@Griffin

Just looking at your PS3 gamercard. Are those the official graphics for the trophies? They all look so similar. Also, is there the same amount of trophies for every game or can 1 game be 50 trophies and another 15 trophies?

Sorry to go off topic starcraft.

The trophies i have are just for StartdustHD, and from what i have heard the developers can pick anything they want for the images.  This PSN game has 12 trophies for the main games and 5 for the expansion.  And from what i heard Burnout is going to have about 50 trophies.  But i'm not sure if all games will have the same amount of trophies.

Around the Network

I wish IW would add rumble to COD4. I now realize what I am missing playing MGO with the DS3. It doesn't surprise me that they aren't patching it in. They are selling well and there are a ton of people playing it daily.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

No surprise from IW they hate the PS3

So have you guys gotten all the trophies that you can at this point in time? As for games having different numbers of trophies, that seems wierd. Maybe the game's total trophy value has to add up to the same amount, since they are using a leveling system. It only seems right that all games are equally worth the same amount. I am unfamiliar with the trophy system so if there has been an article on the intricacies of the trophy system can someone link me to it?

not to be bad mind but i find it a lil sad that sony have to show a game as old as bioshock at E3

@jaggedsac -> IGN gives an overview of trophies.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/885/885177p1.html
The developer is given a total point value that they can assign per game. Full games will be given more points than PSN games. The developer can decide the number and level of each trophy awarded.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.