By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Namco has gone Retarded!!!

ckmlb said:
I don't think it's such a big deal I mean you think people who were going to buy ES aren't going to when Halo 3, GTA IV, Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed are out. None of those are the same kind of game as ES (Mass Effect is an RPG shooter and is different enough). The Blue Dragon game comes out the month before so I don't see a problem.

It's not going to be a big 1 month hit anyway like Forza or Crackdown were because it's not appealing to the core 360 audience. They didn't risk trying to see if it does though maybe they should have, oh well...

Why do people always assume that if you like RPGs you will not like FPS?  I want all these games but I will not have the money to buy all of them, nor the time  to play all of them, as they are released.  That means many will not be purchased until after the new year, and if I am lucky, I will pick some up used.  This saves me money, but the publisher gets nothing (from a used sale).

I just wish one or two of these games would release right now: Blue Dragon in June/July; Eternal Sonata in early August; followed by BioShock at the end of August.  All would get immediate purchases as there is little competition for my dollar at this time.  But once September hits, there is Halo 3, then Assassins Creed, Half Life Orange, GTA IV, Mass Effect, and who knows what else.  That is a lot of games, and a lot of money.  This idea that nothing sells in the summer is infuriating but these same companies don't know why their consoles don't sell.  It is all about the games!

Around the Network

lol @ "gone retarded"

good catch-phrase

Zyzomys said:
ckmlb said:
I don't think it's such a big deal I mean you think people who were going to buy ES aren't going to when Halo 3, GTA IV, Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed are out. None of those are the same kind of game as ES (Mass Effect is an RPG shooter and is different enough). The Blue Dragon game comes out the month before so I don't see a problem.

It's not going to be a big 1 month hit anyway like Forza or Crackdown were because it's not appealing to the core 360 audience. They didn't risk trying to see if it does though maybe they should have, oh well...

Why do people always assume that if you like RPGs you will not like FPS? I want all these games but I will not have the money to buy all of them, nor the time to play all of them, as they are released. That means many will not be purchased until after the new year, and if I am lucky, I will pick some up used. This saves me money, but the publisher gets nothing (from a used sale).

I just wish one or two of these games would release right now: Blue Dragon in June/July; Eternal Sonata in early August; followed by BioShock at the end of August. All would get immediate purchases as there is little competition for my dollar at this time. But once September hits, there is Halo 3, then Assassins Creed, Half Life Orange, GTA IV, Mass Effect, and who knows what else. That is a lot of games, and a lot of money. This idea that nothing sells in the summer is infuriating but these same companies don't know why their consoles don't sell. It is all about the games!

I am not assuming anything, I am saying companies can't delay their games forever because of trying to stay away from every single big game coming then there is no suitable time to release...

But I can see launching near Halo and GTA could be a problem I guess.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

it's certainly a problem. i dont understand it, the game is ready isn't it? why won't they just releas it now or in juli. i would understand it when the game wasn't finished though. just like you say ckmlb companies should not keep delaying games becouse some big game releases. but it looks like namco wants it to sell bad. i will get it though even if i couldn't buy halo 3 becouse of it.