By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Trading a 40 gig for a 20 gig

Is this a wise move?

A friend at work has a 20 gig ps3 and he says he never plays it... so i asked him if he wants to trade his 20 gig for my AMAZING 40!!!! gig ps3...in those words. And he said sure.

The main reason why I would want this is for backwards compatibility. As far as I understand it plays every ps2 title as its got the emotion engine in the system which the 40/80 gig systems are missing.

Ever since i sold my ps2 in 2006 to get a 360 there have been games i missed out on like God of war 2 and these SNK/Fatal Fury compilations coming out lately.

Do you see any issues with this trade?

Around the Network

NAh it's a smart move and you can swap the HD later right?

In all likelihood, you will NEED a new harddrive. And for goodness sakes, get things in writing.

Leetgeek said:

Thats what I was thinking.

I have an old 40 gig hard drive lying around from my RCA lyra mp3 player. So i can pop that in and it will be all gain no pain. :)

No wifi

mM
Around the Network
disolitude said:
Leetgeek said:

I have an old 40 gig hard drive lying around from my RCA lyra mp3 player. So i can pop that in and it will be all gain no pain. :)

No wi-fi though.

Dogs Rule said:
In all likelihood, you will NEED a new harddrive. And for goodness sakes, get things in writing.

Yeah, with the 20 gig, soul calibur 4 rental along with the saves and install files from 3 games i have (resistance, mgs4 and MK2)and few demos and movies would max out my hard drive...lol

disolitude said:
Leetgeek said:

Unless you know differently, after a quick google search, that harddrive is not SATA 2.5inches, which is what you need.

no Wi-Fi...Crap. Is there an adapter?

Dogs Rule said:
disolitude said:
Leetgeek said:

Unless you know differently, after a quick google search, that harddrive is not SATA 2.5inches, which is what you need.

Crap again...its IDE. I'd need something like this...but that would get messy...so a whole new hard drive i guess.

http://www.computerplug.com/show_product.php?product_id=A-SATA-IDE