By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insomiac:You arent impressed with the R2 footage?Wasnt supposed to come out

I was skimming through the PS BLOG when I found this:

Brian.
Visual comments aside I hope the series goes back to the “Dark” “Scary” nature of the earlier RFOM European advertisements.
My greatest critique of what I have seen so far lies with the enemies characters, they do not look visceral enough even the grims look more like they had plastic surgery than being undead/infected.
Needs more tasteful blood, guts and gore

HIs response:

That footage is super-old (December 2007) and was never supposed to be released.

There you have it, all that you have seen from R2 so far is from 2007, and very old.

Users on the PS BLOG have been criticising insomniac for the visuals which seemed to not have as big of a jump as they expected, and even asking why it doesnt compare to killzone 2.

His response? Wait till e3 your going to be impressed.

mM
Around the Network

I didn't have a problem with it...

I hope they don't make it too "dark".

I also read that as well,,,,,,hope they impress us in E3.

I kinda liked it so far. Sure the character models on the grim seemed unfinished but I could look past that.

Can't wait to see what happens at E3 though.

I have high hopes for R2. It better have some kickass multiplayer as thats all I really like in FPS games usually.

Around the Network

I thought the footage looked pretty good. Glad to know it will look even better.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I get more and more impressed with this game every time I hear about it. I'm happy to hear Insomniac really breaking loose with this series since they don't have the rush of the launch window to contend with. Kudos to them. I still wish this were a sthird person over the shoulder shooter though, but i'll live with it.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Same for me ...I thought it looked very good..

It looked pretty decent then, must look amazing now.

Not all the footage is super old. The GameTrailers exclusive obviously isn't. The video that wasn't supposed to get released was the teaser leo-j posted from Eurogamer that has since been taken down.

And Resistance 2 is certainly set to impress.  The scale of the game is going to be immense.