By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 2.40 out again, problem fixed

http://www.sonyps3news.com/2008/07/ps3-firmware-24-out-again/

The 2.4 firmware for the PS3 has been put back onto the servers so download it if you have not done so yet. Hopefully this means they got most of the problems fixed and running fine!!!

mM
Around the Network

Cool, I downloaded already, so does that mean I have to redownload?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

no if you downloaded it there was no problem

mM

If they fixed the supposed problems with 2.40, wouldn't it be released as 2.41?

Arcturus said:

I wondered the same thing. Maybe they just realised that the problem was blown out of proportions and therefore worth the risk.

Around the Network

My guess is the fix was to something else (a particular game or something), and the firmware was pulled until that fix was in place for download.

Update:

N4G reports it hasnt been released

mM

Yea, that site is just really shitty.

Arcturus said:

It was a problem with the downloader. Not the actual patch. On some Ps3's it wouldn't download all the way and screw up the machine. They fixed the downloader problem, but the actual firmware itself hasn't changed.

Hence, still 2.4

so what was wrong with it before