By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who said Mario wasn't in enough games?

Look.............

• Donkey Kong (Game & Watch) - North America and Japan release
  • Donkey Kong Jr. (Game & Watch) - North America and Japan release

• Golf (Famicom) - Japan release - Mario is the main character.
  • Pinball (Famicom/NES) - North America and Japan release - Mario is found in the bonus stage.
  • Punch Ball Mario Bros. (NEC PC-8801) - Japan release
  • Punch-Out!! (Arcade) - North America and Japan release - Mario is the referee.
  • Tennis (Famicom) - Japan release - Mario is the referee.

• Super Mario Bros. (Famicom/NES) - North America and Japan release
  • Wrecking Crew (Famicom/NES) - North America and Japan release - Mario is the main character.
  • Tennis (NES) - North America and Europe release - Mario is the referee.

• Wrecking Crew (NES) - Europe release - Mario is the main character.

• Alleyway (Game Boy) - North America and Japan release - Mario appears in bonus level, also drives/flies/controls the paddle on screen as shown in the intro
  • Donkey Kong 2 (Game & Watch) - North America and Japan release
  • Donkey Kong Classics (NES) - Europe release
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES) - Europe and Australia release
  • Super Mario Land (Game Boy) - North America and Japan release
  • Tetris (Famicom/NES) - North America and Japan release - Once player beats Level 9 Height 5, Mario and friends appear.
  • Tetris (Game Boy) - North America and Japan release - Mario and Luigi appear in 2-player game.

Around the Network

Is Mario in Warioware: Smooth Moves? I don't remember seeing him. Also, you have it listed twice (so I'm sure there are others listed twice, just don't feel like looking).

-edit-

He also appears in Brain Age (in the connect the lines game) and Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree in the spot the picture game. 

We need more Mario games!

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

IDK.

Ahhh, Hotel Mario. Nintendo at one time owned a chain of "love hotels" (back in the 1950's or so if memory serves) and I always like to think of Mario and Luigi scurrying about to keep the sheets changed and the condom dispensers filled as guests rent by the hour. Never played the 1994 CD-i game, this is just what I always think it must be like. >:)

Around the Network

counting games multiple times cause they were released in different parts of the world at different times is stupid. Also, unless they are significantly different, multi-platform should only be counted once. This list should be cut easily in half or even down to a quarter of the size.

Also, Mario/Duck hunt/track and field is placed in '90 when it was released in '88 according to the linked wikipedia entry (plus i got it in '89).

Mario teaches typing was the best typing game ever, to bad i can't find it anywhere. I used to have a copy on floppy but it went bad.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)