By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 Sales LTD

So Halo 3 just passed 8 million, I read somewhere on here that its predicted sales are 9 mill, and most people think it will make 10 million, but take a look at this.

Halo 3 sales have settled around 25 - 30k, there are 26 weeks left in this year. So,

26 x 30k = 780k

26 x 25k = 650k

add that onto the 8 mill it has now and it has practically reached 9 mill.

When GTA4 came out sales bumped to 54,687

I know no other MASSIVE games (apart from Gow2) are coming out this year for the 360, but big games do and will give Halo 3 a bump.

On the same week the 360 launced Halo 2 sold over 17k! and when the 360 sales were in full swing (xbox 1 sales dead) christmas 2005 & 2006 Halo 2 sold over 50k

So say a new console is out end of 2010 (earliest) then Halo 3 still has at least another 2 years of solid sales + Microsoft are planning on keeping the 360 alive and kicking when they bring their next console out right?

During christmas who knows how many copys it will sell, the 360 price cut in america should give a nice bump, and what about if they bundle?

I think it can easily reach 12 mill.

If Halo sales dip to 20k over the next two years it will still sell 1 mill per year minus holidays.

Around the Network

Halo 3 is the most played game of this gen for me. 2 xbox live accounts...probably 2000 online matches between them...

Hell I'll go buy another one tomorrow just to help it get to 9 mil :)

Super Mario Galaxy is still catching up, because it's selling faster than Halo 3 at the moment.

Mario Kart Wii is nearly tracking as fast as Halo 3, and will certainly pass it this year.

Halo 3 might be the best selling 360 game this generation, but it won't be one of the top 3 sellers overall.  Those spots will belong to Wii titles.

TheBigFatJ said:

Super Mario Galaxy is still catching up, because it's selling faster than Halo 3 at the moment.

Mario Kart Wii is nearly tracking as fast as Halo 3, and will certainly pass it this year.

Halo 3 might be the best selling 360 game this generation, but it won't be one of the top 3 sellers overall.  Those spots will belong to Wii titles.

I've noticed that, it has become quite annoying. Whenever a good/hyped HD game is released, some wii game sell x2 over a period of time.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

TheBigFatJ said:

WTH? I'm talking about Halo 3's lifetime sales, I don't care about what Wii games are outpacing it, considering the Wii sells double or more of the amount of xbox 360's sold week in week out you just made a pretty obvious statement that I don't care to hear.

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
TheBigFatJ said:

I've noticed that, it has become quite annoying. Whenever a good/hyped HD game is released, some wii game sell x2 over a period of time.

You shouldn't care about that...Wii games are a good 10-20 dollars cheaper off the bat and have a much larger userbase. Halo 3 attach ratio to xbox 360 is almost 45%. No wii game will ever hit that mark other than obvious controller/system bundles...

Gears 2 will give it a good boost. Then the greatest hits will give it a boost (game is still 59 bucks here in Canada) So we are looking at 10 million for sure this gen.

BigFatJ, that wasn't the topic of discussion, so leave the thread please.

^^LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Not a single thing was mentioned about Halo 3 competing with anything else. Halo 3 is the bee's knees.

Its a very decent game and it deserves high sales. But i hope we find out its sold to retail amount, last Christmas it was at 8.2mil or something. And MS just ended its fiscal year, so i hope they announce what it sold.

Halo 2 is still selling a few thousand copies WW each week....4 years after it debuted.

With better YOY sales vs. last year, and the pricedrop, H3 should still continue to sell for quite some time.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.