By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Article Report: XBox 360 future is bleak

it outsold the ps3 in australia this week. ww sales so far without japan is only a 13k margin.
maybe he is right maybe he is wrong but so far the ps3 is having a hard job pulling away from the 360.

Around the Network

shall we wait for the E3 ? not?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Rock_on, creating a thread just to troll and piss people off is not cool, normally I would give someone a warning for this but looking at your history this isn't exactly your first rodeo.

To Each Man, Responsibility

I'm not in the mood for this thread. It's trolling and you know it.

SHMUPGurus said:
allergic said:

rock on, stop trolling. You're the worst troll on earth.
After fable 2 there are alan wake, halo wars, peter jackson's halo project, star ocean 4, mass effect 2 and for sure a lot of new games.

That, and the PS3 is no better in terms of games coming next year it seems. Killzone 2, GT5 (meh), Final Fantasy 13 (Versus is on hold though, lol...)... And that's pretty much it.

I think it'd be a good idea to hold off on that kind of statement until after E3.  Sony owns a pretty hefty number of 1st party developers -- Sony hasn't even even announced what a fair number of them are working on, and the houses that have released a title are all well into the making of their 2nd round of PS3 exclusives.

This is a major fault in the M$ strategy, in my opinion.  They are at the mercy of 3rd party development, who is focused solely on money, and thus popular genres, whereas 1st party devs are always pushing creative boundaries, in order to sell hardware to the largest demographics.

Around the Network

Funny, and pathetic.

The only reason the PS3's future could be seen as more hopeful isn't because it has forward momentum in 2009, and the X360 has no games for 2009, but because the PS3 hardware is so hard to work with, major 08 titles (FFXIII and KZ2) were pushed back months, and years.

How long do 360 fans wait for games? 6 months? 9 months? It's nowhere near as long as PS3 fans do. There will be plenty of 2009 exclusives, both PC/X360 and X360 only in 2009.

A partial list of games I can think of:

Star Ocean 4
Alan Wake
Dungeon Hero
Forza 3
Splinter Cell: Conviction (if it gets pushed into 09, which is seemingly so)
Age of Conan
Shadow Harvest
Venetica
Cry-On (US/PAL most likely)
Mass Effect 2

And those are games that are announced, console exclusive, and are slated for 09.

Are any of those 5m+ exclusives? No. But that's certainly a good list of exclusives to get started with. And we don't know what MS has in the pipes for 09 for new, major acquisitions either.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

The 360 is about to have a motion sensing device of its own. Hardcore game wise, it'll probably be sequels to established games (just like Sony counts on established games to sell consoles)