By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. League

All I need to know if it gets banned or not. Are you guys banning it or what? What's the deal with the league on this?

As I've said before, take me off the ladder if you are banning this. I will not play Smash without it.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
@Wasu Or Riot : How did the matches go? Was it close? Who did you use? Did Riot win 2-0 or 2-1?

I wanna know!!! :)

final result 2-1, but matches 1 and 3 werent that close, I think I took only 1 of his stock in those matches, maybe 2. Luck wasnt helping me either, in last match, the first thing I did was a self destruct, almost with 0% damage, after that I was "Oh well, you win this encounter Riot". I hate when my second jump doesn't respond T_T

Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life´s problems

SSBB Event Match Records!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgUd0Q6nejQ <-- Me beating Through the fire and flames on expert!

Brawl FC: 2750-6853-5077

Currently Ranked  #3 on the smash bros league.

http://nsider2.com/forums/signature/ssbb/img/WaSuMaRa.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

http://thebrawl.net/signaturegenerator/metaknight/WaSuMaRa/5370-0082-7840/donkeykong/link/image.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Riot Of The Blood said:
All I need to know if it gets banned or not. Are you guys banning it or what? What's the deal with the league on this?

As I've said before, take me off the ladder if you are banning this. I will not play Smash without it.

One of the silliest things I've ever heard.

You do not need this. Simple as that.

Even if I unbanned it I would just have to reban it again when the community formally decides its broken. As it stands, no test have proven that it has a counter, and no test probably will. Just like with Wobbling, I see this is broken, and I'm chosing to ban it now as its inevitable it will be banned.

I will tell you what. Name me 1 counter that is NOT this move, that somehow turns it against Meta Knight and I'll lift the ban.

To cover the 4 responses that are likely before hand.

1. Get on a platform. The only platform capable of being out of his range out of this move is the top platform in Battlefield on legal stages. Since being above Meta Knight in any way is unfavorable, this is NOT a counter.

2. Grab the ledge. Ok, so you grab the ledge. Meta Knight now has options. A. Pop out of cape on the opposite side of the stage and wait for you to get back on the platform, where he can either approach or RESUME the cape extension. Also, if you chose not to get back on stage. Who's stalling now? B. Pop out of cape, and use standard ledge guard procedures. Which are in his favor. This is NOT a counter.

3. Shield/Dodge it. The hitbox opens before any indication that he's appearing, so you have to do it preemptively. Since you have to do it BEFORE he does it, he can just watch what your doing and pick the opportune moment. NOT a counter.

4. Stage Pick. No legal stage avoids the problem. See number 1 & 2.

There is no way to partially ban this viably. Its either banned on the whole, banned along with the character, or not banned at all. The third option will never come to pass. The second option is 99.9% unlikely to come to pass as well.

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

chriscox1121 said:

riot seems unbeatable....i would have to say i am quite suprised. BTW the move looks dumb to use anyways....and i GUARANTEE it will be banned from tourneys. As soon as something major comes up they will ban it, if they haven't already. BTW i heard ken is maining marth again, but i don't know how true that is.

Don't worry, when I get up to 3 or 2, I'll dethrone him. I won all of our 5 matches so it shouldn't be too much of a biggie. =p

Brawl FC: 0473 - 7465 - 0612

Valdens said:
chriscox1121 said:

riot seems unbeatable....i would have to say i am quite suprised. BTW the move looks dumb to use anyways....and i GUARANTEE it will be banned from tourneys. As soon as something major comes up they will ban it, if they haven't already. BTW i heard ken is maining marth again, but i don't know how true that is.

Don't worry, when I get up to 3 or 2, I'll dethrone him. I won all of our 5 matches so it shouldn't be too much of a biggie. =p

according to the above post...you might not get that privelage

Around the Network

I haven't added this move into my play style yet, why would know how to counter it without using it or playing against it? No one knows a counter because no one has played against it.

So far the flaws I see are: it has start up lag and a lot of it. You can not use this to get away if some one is in attack range. You have to already be safe to use this. It has a lot of lag when you come out of it. I played was in friendlies with this thinking I was badass. He hit me with DK's smash everytime I tried and approach with it. The only non risky way was to use it to reset my spacing and start a new approach.

If you already made up your mind, just take me out of the league. There's no point. I can understand metaknight being banned altogether, but the tech is just dumb.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Since its not one of his actual moves under normal circumstances, and the character itself is not broken without this. The tech will be banned, not Meta Knight. Banning a character is ALWAYS a last resort in competitive fighting games.

Start up lag? Its far faster then it looks, and can be done out of a shield nonpunishable by a good portion of the cast under the right circumstance. This has been tested.

Can not use to get away from someone in attack range? It can be done mid air then thrown into the ground to extend it. This has been tested.

I've Down-Bed you normally within attack distance, so you obviously do not have to be safe to start this. Mind games is the name of the game.

Missing does not mean its a flaw, it means you missed. EVERYTHING can be punished if you miss with it. Even Fox's jab can be punished under the right circumstance.

Meta Knight will almost certainly never be banned. This technique will be, just as wobbling was banned and certain stall tactics were limited. If you want to be removed due to 1 technique being banned, then that is by far the stupidest reason for quitting something I have EVER heard. YOU don't even need this.

I am not alone in my opinion here, the vast majority of the community sees what will happen to the community if this is left legal. It NEEDS to be banned just like Wobbling did. If by some retarded reason this is left legal, the competitive brawl community WILL be degraded to Meta Knight Vs. Meta Knight and then it will die. The community is in bad enough shape as is.

There's no longer any reason for me to play if this is banned. I don't need it to win; I'm one of the best here. But you are not even giving the move a chance. This adds more deapth and tech to the game, something that primitive Brawl lacks right now. Until the move is proven broken, it isn't broken.

I don't have any interest in this, if you are going to just stop something that could really help brawl's meta game out of fear of being broken without even seeing it in tourney play.

You can take me off the league now. No point in me doing this really, I'll never have the time to get as good as you guys...

From now on, I play for fun :)

It is broken and its being tested out of tournament play. NO test so far has pointed to the contrary. It doesn't NEED to get to a tournament if testing is done outside of one.

It has no counter, theory shows this, tests thus far have proved this. If it has NO counter it needs banned.

It has been proven broken thus far in tests AND in theory. Brawl has techs out the wazoo that are within reasonable limits. Glide Tossing, Auto Canceling, Homing Canceling, Dash Canceled Smashing, Hyphen Smashing, Hydroplaning, Shell Shifting, Wave Bouncing, Zap Jumping, Platform Canceled PKT2, Instant Grab Breaking, Wing Dashing, Wing Shoving, Arrow Looping, Jab Locking, Laser Locking, Banana Locking, Tether Saving and plenty of others and even more that I don't even know. Even more exist in teams! Even things such as 43% Rock Smashes and Chain Grabbing could be considered techs.

Thus far, this is the ONLY one discovered to be broken. It wouldn't help Brawl's Meta Game, it would destroy it. All its going to take is one person to get it down. Once that happens people will flock to Meta Knight like never before because he will be the ONLY character that could compete anymore. If that happened, Brawl would be destroyed as a community. Thats why we ban things from testing BEFORE major tournaments.

Wobbling when it was discovered, made it to tournaments. People who weren't winning before were winning DUE to Wobbling. It was banned.

Theres many tournaments this weekend, and already people who don't even main or even like Meta Knight have been practicing this to counter it when seen. Tell me whats wrong with that right there? This is Wobbling all over again.