By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Chrono Trigger DS confirmed real

Wait how do we know this is a remake? What if it is a direct sequel?

Around the Network

Is there any confirmation that there is going to be an English port or is this just the general assumption?

The Square Enix site is on a Japanese domain, and the print announcement is from a Japanese magazine.

It's pretty obvious there's still a big niche fan base for Chrono Trigger, but I'd wait to hear the official announcement for English territories before celebrating.

My Japanese is probably better than 90% of the people on this site, but there's no way I'd consider importing a Japanese copy. 10 years ago definitely, not not today.

All I have to say is, it's about time. I waited forever for a GBA port, which seemed like such an obviously sensible title but it never happened. And all I wanted was a simple SNES port like Link to the Past.

greenmedic88 said:

Is there any confirmation that there is going to be an English port or is this just the general assumption?

The Square Enix site is on a Japanese domain, and the print announcement is from a Japanese magazine.

It's pretty obvious there's still a big niche fan base for Chrono Trigger, but I'd wait to hear the official announcement for English territories before celebrating.

My Japanese is probably better than 90% of the people on this site, but there's no way I'd consider importing a Japanese copy. 10 years ago definitely, not not today.

All I have to say is, it's about time. I waited forever for a GBA port, which seemed like such an obviously sensible title but it never happened. And all I wanted was a simple SNES port like Link to the Past.

Square Enix has localized every DS game they've made this gen.  I'm not exactly worried.

greenmedic88 said:

An English version is very likely since CT has a big fanbase

@konnichiwa: That webpage just shows your system clock.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network

Wohhooo! Chrono Trigger = DS win!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Yea!!! I hope this is a message from SE and a test at the same time. If the game performs well (It will undoubtly do) we may see the continuation of the series, hopefully on Wii seeing that it's the Japanese home console of choice this gen and that SE hasn't announced anything for the Wii as of late :)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

konnichiwa said:
Stats87 said:
konnichiwa said:
Ugh nothing happened at 06.45 X_X/

lol

what's the anime in your sig?

=p I don't know sorry, I just typed anime kissing in google and found that avatar.

LOL

fair enough

Wow! I can't be this is real!!!

The DS is now officially the best handheld ever, undisputed. I am SO happy I bought this thing, lol.

I got the DQ's that Naz loves, the DQIX, FFTactics A2, The World Ends With You, Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, and FF remakes, and jesus god, Chrono Trigger DS, lol.

Are you kidding me. That's not even touching the other games coming out, like Fire Emblem DS with Marth!

Man, the DS is officially almost as good as the Playstation 2, to me, right now.

Let me get a couple more years of new games and we got a contender for best console ever released, considering this thing is also Backwards Compatible for GBA, and I just played the new guitar hero DS and it's much better than I anticipated.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Wow! I can't be this is real!!!

The DS is now officially the best handheld ever, undisputed. I am SO happy I bought this thing, lol.

I got the DQ's that Naz loves, the DQIX, FFTactics A2, The World Ends With You, Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, and FF remakes, and jesus god, Chrono Trigger DS, lol.

Are you kidding me. That's not even touching the other games coming out, like Fire Emblem DS with Marth!

Man, the DS is officially almost as good as the Playstation 2, to me, right now.

Let me get a couple more years of new games and we got a contender for best console ever released.

For me it already is. I can't believe the support the ds gets. It takes games from home consoles. There are games for everybody on it, and I  plan on buying at least 20 this year. I'm so happy with the ds.