By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Soul Calibur 4 (PS3) - 6.7 GB Install + 2 GB Save

Darth Vader already gives the edge to the PS3 version imo.

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

It Sonys is fault they should have given developers install limit or optional install on all games.

Interesting if true. The entire game on HD. A problem with the BD performance?

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

routsounmanman said:
I can understand that some modes in SC require lots of space ( Weapon Master ) but these capacities are ridiculous. I second what Bodhesatva said; what next? changeable GPUs/CPUs/OS?

We already are updating the OS. 2.4 w/XMB, MS' quarterly updates, and so forth. And these have caused problems in the past, with game freezes and system lockups requiring re-patches. Furthermore, on the PS3, you can choose a different OS entirely (I have Linux installed).

Pretty much the only thing that's left is that you cannot upgrade your GPU, CPU and RAM. And man, do I wish you could upgrade the RAM :(

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I still call BS :P It just seems comical to me xD Hell if it's an option to install the whole game however :D I'm down for that ;)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

2 Gb save data for a fighter game? I call BS.

DMeisterJ said:
Did they put the whole game onto the hard drive? 6.7 + 2 = 8.7. DVD9 holds 9.

WTF?

IIRC, there is only about 7GB of useable space on a 360 DVD due to space set aside for DRM.

Yojimbo said:
It Sonys is fault they should have given developers install limit or optional install on all games.

There is, that is why MGS4 had to install every act.

Bodhesatva said:
routsounmanman said:
I can understand that some modes in SC require lots of space ( Weapon Master ) but these capacities are ridiculous. I second what Bodhesatva said; what next? changeable GPUs/CPUs/OS?

We already are updating the OS. 2.4 w/XMB, MS' quarterly updates, and so forth. And these have caused problems in the past, with game freezes and system lockups requiring re-patches. Furthermore, on the PS3, you can choose a different OS entirely (I have Linux installed).

Pretty much the only thing that's left is that you cannot upgrade your GPU, CPU and RAM. And man, do I wish you could upgrade the RAM :(

God no; Can you imagine spending 600$ on a PS3 and 1 year later MGS4 demanding a newer GPU and more RAM?

*shivers*

Check this out. It says the Xbox360 version requires a HDD.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/soulcalibur4/

So Arcade/ Core owners can't play? Or am I reading that wrong?

Just to throw this out there:

From the GAF thread apparently SC4 is going to be one of the first 360 games allowed to require a HD. This could get interesting....

Edit: Damn, beaten to it!