By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the new trophy system

i dont get it, how will sony assure that developers make trophies if it isnt mandatory.

what if most of them dont even bother with the trophies? or the ingame music? im sure there will be devs that will put them on but if a few of them dont it will still feel broken and half assed.

Around the Network

Because developers know that the 360 and PS3 userbases are very similar, and they know just how many money is to be made from idiots who will buy a game just to improve their gamerscore, especially easy ones such as Fight Night Round 3.

It's a free/easy way for a developer to improve the replay value.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I'm betting that in the future 3rd Parties are just going to be making the 360 Achievments and the PS3 trophies the same thing. Considering that Achievements are mandatory for 360, i don't see why the devs wouldn't just translate them into Trophy equivelents. And I'm pretty sure that Sony is going to make 1st party games have Trophies mandatory. So basically what I'm saying is that I think in the future almost ALL PS3 games will have trophies supported.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

MontanaHatchet said:
Because developers know that the 360 and PS3 userbases are very similar, and they know just how many money is to be made from idiots who will buy a game just to improve their gamerscore, especially easy ones such as Fight Night Round 3.

Fight Night Round 3 is a great game. Lots of fun. Mohammed Ali "The Greatest" was awesome in FNR3. Play it on Easy mode easy achievements. Get them in all in a night.

Around the Network

more lasting appeal.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721