By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - check out the new laptop I got today at work

I'm moving to my own office in a week (long story) and instead of buying me a PC for it they decided to buy a laptop so I can work on the move. Check out these specs lol...

1GHz processor

512Mb RAM

40GB hard drive

Windows XP

... I didn't even know they still made laptops this bad, I'm pretty certain that it's actually just a 5 year old laptop that has just been kept in the stores.

If you listen quietly you can here the cogs turning and the waterwheel powering it lol

Around the Network

woohoo that one could match my old one

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I'm sure Word will work on it.. :p

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Hopefully you'll be getting a raise with that office, so you can buy a workable laptop.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

^ the laptop I brought last year on my modest uni student budget is quite a lot better lol

Around the Network

I bought my last laptop more than two years ago and it was much better than that, even though it wasn't top of the line at that time.

In other news, I got a 6% salary raise today, I'm happy :)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

It's not worse than my old Intel Celeron notebook.

good news though, it does have Firefox 3 Booyah

That's not too bad.
I remember I used to love my old laptop from years ago(it was made in 1999 I think.). It was a Compaq Armada M700: 500mhz Pentium 3, 192MB RAM, 8MB ATI Rage Mobility Pro, 12GB HD, running on Windows 2000 Pro, damn that thing rocked! I used to play Diablo 2 on that beast a lot! Worked well for years, too.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

You didn't mention the GPU; that means Intel sucky integrated graphics.