By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 VS. X360 multi-plat Graphics Comparison

Post now fixed, see a few posts above for better Uncharted pics!!!

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

@ NJ5

The problem with PS3 fans in this thread is that you can't post some screenshots/videos to prove your points.

IMO read some reviews or play the game instead. Screenshots can only show so much and videos need to be compressed for internet distribution. Animations, framerate, amount of action on screen, instant transition between gameplay and cutscene, etc determine the overall experience.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

HappySqurriel said:Within the first 12 months in North America the PS2 saw the release of Gran Turismo 3, Grand Theft Auto 3, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Final Fantasy X which were all representative of the graphics that the PS2 would see for the entire generation; the launch games (and cheap ports) were bad, but the games that had quality developers putting a solid effort towards got pretty close to where the best graphics would end up being.

The PS3 has been on the market for 18 months, and developers have been working on the PS3's hardware for (roughly) 3 years. So far Epic and id have had difficulties achieving better performance on the PS3 than they received on the XBox 360, and it wasn't worth Valve's time to port the (several year old) source engine; Epic, id and Valve are (potentially) the most experienced and talented game engine developers in the world and somehow after years of development have yet to achieve noticeably better performance than the XBox 360.

Then explain to me why, Uncharted, MGS4, and Killzone 2 look so much better than anything on the XBOX 360?

mM
davygee said:

I saw it, and my opinion is still what I said before. Great art direction with nice colorful graphics which are quite detailed. Technically, nowhere near as impressive as everyone makes it seem like (from reading PS3's fans post you'd think Uncharted was technically far above other console games).

You'll see technically better games both on PS3 and 360 as the gen goes on.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Is PS3 ever going to do anything at the level of 360 on multiplatform graphics?

Around the Network
leo-j said:

Then explain to me why, Uncharted, MGS4, and Killzone 2 look so much better than anything on the XBOX 360?

Because that is your (biased) subjective opinion ...

As it has been demonstrated, when you compare Metal Gear Solid 4 to Gears of War the difference between the two games is far from dramatic; Killzone 2 hasn't been released and I'm not going to trust a company that sold CG footage as "In Game" so we have to wait for the game to be released; and Uncharted is different in artistic style and gameplay to anything that is available on the XBox 360 so it is difficult to compare it to anything.

Shameless said:
Is PS3 ever going to do anything at the level of 360 on multiplatform graphics?

What's the best looking multi-plaftom 360 game? I heard many say Call of Duty 4, if so the devs stated the PS3 version is slightly better.

The least technically impressive multi-platform games usually have worse ports than the more impressive ones.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

davygee said:

Uncharted is graphically the best looking console game by far and IMHO set a bar for this current generation.  The only games that come close to it are MGS4 and GT5p.

(Right click and view image to see full size)

And all these shots are actual in game action shots, not even a realtime cutscene, but actual in game.

its the same as Perfect Dark Zero graphics.

NJ5 said:
davygee said:

I saw it, and my opinion is what I said before. Great art direction with nice colorful graphics which are quite detailed. Technically, nowhere near as impressive as everyone makes it seem like (from reading PS3's fans post you'd think Uncharted was technically far above other console games).

Here are pics that dont look like utter $hit on IGN:

mM

@ HappySquirrel

Killzone 2 hasn't been released and I'm not going to trust a company that sold CG footage

Lol, the game has been shown in public plenty of times. The end result will only get better.

PS3 vs 360 sales