By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 VS. X360 multi-plat Graphics Comparison

NJ5 said:

The problem with PS3 fans in this thread is that you can't post some screenshots/videos to prove your points.

I have acknowledged that Uncharted is more detailed than Ninja Gaiden 2 (which isn't surprising considering NG2 has to calculate many more pixels per second). I even put a NG2 screenshot here.

Why can't PS3 fans do the same with MGS4 for example? leo-j even went as far as claiming that there isn't a single screenshot which does justice to it.

All I'm asking is for something solid (pun not intended). Who knows, you might even convince me if your proof is good enough.

I already posted a video...

Its in SD quality:MAJOR SPOILER skip to 0:45

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RjAgFowTF6I

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
FJ-Warez said:In fact killzone2 still lags behind the CGI... go and look for the pics of the CGI and you will see...

No it doesnt, after seeing the "gameplay" in the pre rendered Killzone 2 trailer, the new killzone 2 GDC which is the same level looks much better, and sharper than the CGI.

The character models look better in the pre rendered, but everything else goes to the actual game.

CGI:

In game:

Look for the textures of the models, and the building above the helmet of the right bad guy, the texture is low-res compared with the CGI, even the floor of the CGI (A bigger mesh so a bigger texture is needed) looks a lot better...

CGI:

In-game

You can see the same about the textures on the models, but mostly, thereis a very noticiable gap between the the smoke in both versions...

And we can go on and on, K2 looks good, but is not CGI quality...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

@FJ WAREZ

Nice two completely different screen shots to compare, not to mention the actual game screen shots look terrible.

vs

vs

mM
leo-j said:
@FJ WAREZ

Nice two completely different screen shots to compare, not to mention the actual game screen shots look terrible.

Well then go and bring better pics...

By me:

leo-j said:
NJ5 said:

The problem with PS3 fans in this thread is that you can't post some screenshots/videos to prove your points.

I have acknowledged that Uncharted is more detailed than Ninja Gaiden 2 (which isn't surprising considering NG2 has to calculate many more pixels per second). I even put a NG2 screenshot here.

Why can't PS3 fans do the same with MGS4 for example? leo-j even went as far as claiming that there isn't a single screenshot which does justice to it.

All I'm asking is for something solid (pun not intended). Who knows, you might even convince me if your proof is good enough.

Is that video supposed to convince me that MGS4 is showcasing PS3's capabilities? All it has are some detailed and well-made character models...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Uncharted is graphically the best looking console game by far and IMHO set a bar for this current generation.  The only games that come close to it are MGS4 and GT5p.

(Right click and view image to see full size)

And all these shots are actual in game action shots, not even a realtime cutscene, but actual in game.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

leo-j said:

@FJ WAREZ

vs

vs

Lol, the same can be said about your pics too, diffenent eviroments, lights, etc...

By me:

NJ5 said:
leo-j said:
NJ5 said:

Is that video supposed to convince me that MGS4 is showcasing PS3's capabilities? All it has are some detailed and well-made character models...

What about this? Spoilers

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XA5Ap08NdkE&feature=related

AND IF THATS NOT ENOUGH

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tJTnsPZpBnI&feature=related

mM

@davygee: Those are thumbnails. From what I can see on those low-res shots, it confirms my opinion about Uncharted. It's a colorful, pretty and detailed game, but not out of this world for a 30 fps game. Again, good art direction is a separate entity from graphical capability.

Even ignoring the framerate, I'm sure we'll see games with better graphics than Uncharted, both on the PS3 and on the 360. Not when comparing it to racing games though, racing games are very special in terms of graphics due to several factors which have been discussed at length in other threads of this type.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

leo-j said:
HappySqurriel said:Why don't you include John Carmack in that list?

The fact is that a lot of developers will hype the platform that they're exclusively releasing a game on in order to talk about how much better their game is (than anything that can be released on the competition platform). The fact that you constantly quote developers to hint that sometime in the future the PS3 will magically start to outperform the XBox 360 by a wide margin demonstrates that you are not willing to accept the reality that they perform in a very similar range to eachother.

Yes so the ps2 has N64 quality graphics since its 1st year started of with graphics on par or even below N64.

Also you keep forgetting about KILLZONE 2, which completely obliterates anything on the 360 or ps3 graphicly.

Within the first 12 months in North America the PS2 saw the release of Gran Turismo 3, Grand Theft Auto 3, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Final Fantasy X which were all representative of the graphics that the PS2 would see for the entire generation; the launch games (and cheap ports) were bad, but the games that had quality developers putting a solid effort towards got pretty close to where the best graphics would end up being.

The PS3 has been on the market for 18 months, and developers have been working on the PS3's hardware for (roughly) 3 years. So far Epic and id have had difficulties achieving better performance on the PS3 than they received on the XBox 360, and it wasn't worth Valve's time to port the (several year old) source engine; Epic, id and Valve are (potentially) the most experienced and talented game engine developers in the world and somehow after years of development have yet to achieve noticeably better performance than the XBox 360.