By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is in an awkward situation... What will they do with Zelda?

I just would like it to remain an action adventure game. Even if they radically change it for the worse which is not gonna happen i will still buy the game.

"Like you know"

Around the Network

Eiji Anouma and Miyamoto are deciding to evolve the Zelda series.

Maybe in the new Land of Hyrule after Wind Waker... with a future timeline (not like cyborg stuff, but a little evolution like steam airships or something)

Wii's focus seems to be more on creating new experiences like Wii Sports/Play/Fit then on actually changing staples like Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, etc. much if at all. So I think the next Zelda game will mirror Twilight Princess in it's lack of depth and originality, but also in its length and puzzle orientation.

flagship said:
Wii's focus seems to be more on creating new experiences like Wii Sports/Play/Fit then on actually changing staples like Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, etc. much if at all. So I think the next Zelda game will mirror Twilight Princess in it's lack of depth and originality, but also in its length and puzzle orientation.

Well you are most likely wrong because they already said that they are taking a new direction in the zelda series, and twilight princess is the last traditional one.

I can think of so, so many adjectives and descriptors that would apply to Nintendo today. Dozens. Scores, even.

"Awkward" is not one of those adjectives.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

@ flagship,

Not to mention Mario Galaxy was the most innovative Mario (and platformer for that matter) in forever, and Mario Kart introduced motorcycles, a new drift that replaced snaking, air stunts, wheelies, and halfpipes, and the ONLY thing they've announced about Zelda is that it will be different, because Twilight Princess was the sweet final farewell to the traditional style they've mastered.

pichu_pichu said:

make 2 Zelda's to satisfy each...

LOL, I like your solution.

But seriously, Wii is the platform for new experiences. Break the mold and let the fanboys cry.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

ctk495 said:
I want it to be cel shaded.

Seconded, if i loved one thing about TWW it definitely was it's style.

What's with all the Zelda Wii threads all of a sudden? I mean, I know E3 is around the corner but there's been 3 today already.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Didn't they say a while back that Twilight Princess was like the fanservice, the big culmination of mastering the traditional Zelda formula? And then they'd try something new?

It was a direct sequel to Ocarina, but 100 years later, and gameplay-wise better due to IR aiming and faster spinmoves, and finally established that there are several heroes of time who can even communicate now (in my opinion the ghost swordsman is the ghost of Link from Ocarina, passing down the Link-skillz). They really tied everything together, so they can finally move on. I swear Nintendo said something like that a year or 2 ago.

Yeah, Aonuma said that one of his goals with TP was to top OoT. In my opinion, TP bests OoT in several categories. And now that that's done Zelda has entirely new territory to step into.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Nintendo is not in an awkward situation with Zelda Wii. Let me tell you, they know EXACTLY what to do. Let them release it so they can show you. Whatever they do is bound to generate criticism... as with any great work of art.

The real question is: Can Zelda Wii be so good that even that haters can't hate? See Michael Jordan.