By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dualshock 3 releasin in the UK July 4 for £40

Sqrl said:
masterb8tr said:
BengaBenga said:
WTF, 40 pounds? That's € 60 (=around $90)! That's insane.

But hey, it's probably very expensive to put last gen technology in your controller.

90$ Thats like for free where i live. A wii controller cost about 200$.

Ok I'll bite, where do you live?

some distant place in norway, sadly

Around the Network
masterb8tr said:
Sqrl said:
masterb8tr said:
BengaBenga said:
WTF, 40 pounds? That's € 60 (=around $90)! That's insane.

But hey, it's probably very expensive to put last gen technology in your controller.

90$ Thats like for free where i live. A wii controller cost about 200$.

Ok I'll bite, where do you live?

some distant place in norway, sadly

In that case, taxes will be like 20% of that (since VAT is around 25%, right?).

BTW, that seems quite a lot even for a Scandinavian country! Here in Sweden you can get a Wiimote+Nunchuk for little more than half of that (tax included as always in European prices)... Are you quoting prices from some rip-off store?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I came from the states, stopover in Heathrow.

The American before got a small orange juice (0.3litre max) and was asked for 5 dollars. His face was funny. I saw some Timberland shoes that cost 35$ in the states reduced for 80 pounds. And if you wanted to eat something a burger started at 10pounds. I love London but I won't make a vacation there until they have a recession or something. Its simply ridiculous.

Kyros said:
I came from the states, stopover in Heathrow.

The American before got a small orange juice (0.3litre max) and was asked for 5 dollars. His face was funny. I saw some Timberland shoes that cost 35$ in the states reduced for 80 pounds. And if you wanted to eat something a burger started at 10pounds. I love London but I won't make a vacation there until they have a recession or something. Its simply ridiculous.

You mean at the airport? Prices are always ridiculous at airports... But yeah, London is one of the most expensive cities anyway.

Oh come on, you Europeans are so filthy rich with your fantastic economies. Buck up and buy your overpriced everything.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Oh come on, you Europeans are so filthy rich with your fantastic economies. Buck up and buy your overpriced everything.

From what I see, people in the US buy a lot more stuff... The weak dollar makes everything seem overpriced when converted into US dollars, but that might stop being the case if US inflation catches on.

people in the US buy a lot more stuff...

They have more money. They not only make more money (at least in all professions that require an university degree) they also laugh in my face when I tell them how much tax I pay.
Sigh, not that living in Europe doesn't have advantages and as you say in the long-term the dollar has to rise otherwise inflation will increase in the States, but I still need to get a Greencard .

Wow that's a lot... isn't that double what the DS2 was?

This price should be added to Kwaads thread about how the Wii costs more than the other consoles.

Kyros said:
people in the US buy a lot more stuff...

They have more money. They not only make more money (at least in all professions that require an university degree) they also laugh in my face when I tell them how much tax I pay.
Sigh, not that living in Europe doesn't have advantages and as you say in the long-term the dollar has to rise otherwise inflation will increase in the States, but I still need to get a Greencard .

Pretty soon I think we'll start seeing more benefits of the taxes we pay in Europe. Public electric transportation (quite subsidized in many countries) will become more important as oil prices rise (they're going to keep rising). I certainly wouldn't move to a country with virtually non-existent public transportation and a suburbial way of life which will ensure you spend more and more income on transportation. Not that there aren't some advantages to the american way, but I think they're getting more and more diluted.

Oh well, this is getting quite off-topic, maybe we should create another thread about it.

Pretty soon I think we'll start seeing more benefits of the taxes we pay in Europe.

If you look at what they are used for I doubt it. Infrastructure spending is a small part. Social security is much bigger and our rapidly aging population puts us at a disadvantage against the US which is also aging but much slower.
But you are correct that is off-topic.

To be on-topic: The Dualshock will cost 50E I assume? Damn, I would really like to upgrade but thats a bit too much for some rumble.