By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Gears of War 2 be delayed?

If I were making GOW2 and would want it to be able to go toe to toe with MGS4 it would need too be a lot deeper then GOW1 was. I predict GOW2 will be delayed untill 2009 or risk being bland.

Around the Network

Very unlikely. Epic will move heaven and earth to ensure Gears of War 2 meets its late November launch.

Probably not.They are still using the Unreal Engine,so shorter development times.

Now this is a better thread. I don't think so. Microsoft would be pressuring them to get it out before Christmas.

Cracksmoke said:

If I were making GOW2 and would want it to be able to go toe to toe with MGS4 it would need too be a lot deeper then GOW1 was. I predict GOW2 will be delayed untill 2009 or risk being bland.

Two different types of game but hey Gears already has gameplay mechanics a lot more solid then MGS so I wouldnt worry about that.

It WONT be delayed.

Around the Network

I doubt it would be delayed, because of MGS4.

Welcome, obieslut junior.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

GoW won't be delayed, and I think they are going for different markets.

MGS4 is more for the hardcore PlayStation market. Being new to the series when I bought this game, I can see why people like it, but personally, it was a lot like Halo 3 for the 360, a triumphant end to a great series catering to fans more then catering to gamers in general.

GoW is in a showdown with Resistance more then MGS. They both release about the same time and they both are looking for the same type of gamers.

No

no it wont, features and footage are already available on the web, if anything Gears 2 seems to be ahead of schedule for its Autumn 2008 release date.