By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Great Deal on Xbox 360 Arcade in Australia

It'll be interesting to see if this is just a one time deal for one retailer or if Australia is about to see lower Xbox 360 prices...

Xbox 360 Arcade: $278

For comparison: 
Wii bundle: $388 
PS3 bundle: $688

Around the Network

Does alone in the dark really cost that much there?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Thats pretty nice! :D

Tease.

I was about to post this. You could buy an Arcade and a seperate 20GB HDD for less than a Wii. You could buy this Arcade and a seperate 120GB HDD ($AU200) for less than a Pro.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Perhaps Microsoft is dumping its Pro stock in the U.S and the Arcade stock in australia at special one time prices? Perhaps that means that they are doing something with the SKUs, changes perhaps?

Tease.

Around the Network

Well Australia didn't get a 360 price cut when the rest of PAL (Europe) did. The 360 generally holds its own against the PS3 here. But given the price disparity, you couldn't say its doing well.

But this is a full $100 under any Arcade price I've seen previously. Surely there must be a cut coming, otherwise this would just be too big of a loss leader?

hmm might get a 360 if i have to money... :)

what get ssaved to HD on the 360?

WhiteDevil said:
hmm might get a 360 if i have to money... :)

what get ssaved to HD on the 360?

Buy this Arcade deal and a $78 20GB and you'll have a $360 pro.  Thats just over HALF what I paid for my Xbox 360.

About time we got a price cut, considering the dollar is almost 1:1 with the US $ :P

Now if only I had a little more disposable cash on me... I'd definitely pick that up.

And man, some of those games are cheap...

(PS - school holidays just started, so I imagine sales must be rocketing)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Whoa... just had a closer look at that Wii deal.

That's a Wii (pack) PLUS Carnival games PLUS Big Beach Sports for $388... that is an EXCELLENT price.

(Just the other day, I saw 'Toys R Us' have a deal for a Wii + Big Beach Sports for $412, which is the norm)

I might actually point my brother to that - they are games he will like, and its the best Wii deal I have ever seen in Oz.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099