By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - why bioshock is going to sell terribly on the PS3

everyone who wants the game has got it.

the game was put on the more powerful system before hand.

Nobody is going to want to buy a downgraded port of a good game just because the systems in question (PS3) is not powerful enough to run it at the high standards the 360 runs the game at.

For these reasons, i really dont see this game selling any more than like 100-200k and thats being generous

What you think

Discuss

Around the Network

You rub the genies bottle and a troll comes out.

^LOL. flamebait? Anyways, doesn't matter to me, I will be buying it and that's all that matters to me.

I'll be getting it too. Only 199,999 more to go to exceed the OP's expectations!

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

I think you misspelled PC.

joke thread?

Around the Network

All I can say is WOW, completely useless and uncalled for post. I think i see a ban coming soon......

Locked.

@Genie,

If you'd like to have this discussion I would encourage you to recreate the thread minus the flamebait and blatant PS3 trolling.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Well, it's the better version, and for people that did not get the 360 for its crappy hardware will now get it on the PS3 (With bonuses ;) ) Like me and all the people I know that own a PS3...so u kinda Fail :\

Nice try though.

Er, joke post right? Because this is ridiculous. Just ignoring your ignorant comments on the power levels between the two systems, there are people on this planet that only own a PS3 and will buy Bioshock.

Either learn to make a better joke, or get a life.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"