By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - survey finds that 1 in 5 men (1 in 10 women) game in the nude + other stats

http://www.digitalhome.ca/content/view/2635/206/

For reasons that we at Digital Home Canada still can't fathom, Microsoft has commissioned a poll that asked respondents if they have every played a computer game: in public; at work; in the bathroom; in the bedroom, or in the nude.

The results of the Ipsos Reid poll seem to suggest that there are few limits as to how online Canadians like to enjoy their computer games.

The poll of just over a thousand online adult Canadians has found they are playing games in a wide-range of places. These include playing computer games while at work (30%), in the bedroom (27%), in public (19%), and even in the bathroom (7%). Half of Canadians (50%), however, have not played in any of these locations.

For those who absolutely must know, the study also found that one in five Canadian men (17%) has played a computer game in the nude while a significantly smaller percentage of women (9%) have done the same.

It appears that younger adults have a greater propensity for nude gaming. An alarming one in four Canadians aged 18 to 34 (23%) have played a computer game in the nude, while those aged 35 to 54 (12%) or over 54 (5%) are less likely to have done so.

Other findings

• Nine in ten online Canadians (86%) have played minesweeper or solitaire on their computer, making them among the most widely played games available. Half (53%) have bought a video game at some point in their lives – men (59%) more than women (49%). Other activities include playing an online game like Diner Dash (28%), playing a game on Facebook like Scrabulous (25%), and playing a “massively multi-player game” like World of Warcraft (12%). Only one in ten online Canadians (9%) have not done any of these activities.

• While men (19%) are more likely than women (5%) to have played a massively multi-player game, women appear more inclined than men to play smaller online games (32% and 25%, respectively) and Facebook games (29% and 21%).

• Canadians living in Ontario (63%) are most likely to have bought a video game, followed by residents of Alberta (57%), Atlantic Canada (53%), British Columbia (52%), Saskatchewan and Manitoba (45%), and Quebec (40%).

• Thinking about their earliest memory of using a computer, three in ten (29%) say it was playing a free Windows game, such as Solitaire, Free Cell, Mah Jong, or Minesweeper; two in ten (19%) say their first experience was word processing, either to write an essay or a letter. Other first experiences include playing educational games at school (15%), e-mail (15%), and playing Wolfenstein or King’s Quest (5%). Two in ten (17%) say none of these properly describe their earliest memory of using a computer.

• The average age at which online Canadians first played a computer game is 29 years old. The average for those aged 18 to 34 is 11.5 years old, while the average is considerably higher for those aged 35 to 54 (29 years old) and those over the age of 54 (45.6 years old).

Around the Network

I'm thinking a lot of them lied.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Those canadians

That's quite an interesting poll there.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

That is... intersting

Around the Network

minesweeper or solitaire classics ! I admit i played wiisports nude a couple times ....I did alot better in golf.

There aren't any women on the internet. Just 35 years old balding mean who pretend to be women to get to cyber with other 35 year old balding men while they play with themselves.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

supermario128 said:
I'm thinking a lot of them lied.

I don't see anything wrong with the numbers, so what did they lie about?

Too shame, stof is not around...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Male + naked + wii fit hula game = 0_0