By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: when wii takes over xbox 360 (compare console image expanded)

Hi Vgchartz!

The following image is made by expanding the current found in "compare consoles".

Thie comparing i am making does not take into account:

1. Big game releases
  2. Holydays or other event

But it does give a good graphical view of when the wii supposibly takes over xbox 360:

As the image shows - wii is very likely to surpass xbox 360 in october.

(better and higher resolution of the image can be found here)

Around the Network

You won't be far off, but still keep in mind that the Wii sales actually are saturated due to underproduction. So the XBox 360 can possibly sell faster due to Halo and so you have to take in account a delay of some months.

It does sell quick, yet Sony promised 11.000.000 PS3's bye the end of the year so they wont be far off. ;)
And i just read a toppic about 15 super deluxe PS3 games coming by the end of the year so Sony better start ramping up the production already =-).
Just kidding, remember that the same analysts that tought that the Wii would fail are now saying that Sony will lead the market in 2009. So expect free PS3 coupons with some major Blue-ray movies by mid-2009.

Caey said:
You won't be far off, but still keep in mind that the Wii sales actually are saturated due to underproduction. So the XBox 360 can possibly sell faster due to Halo and so you have to take in account a delay of some months.

It does sell quick, yet Sony promised 11.000.000 PS3's bye the end of the year so they wont be far off. ;)
And i just read a toppic about 15 super deluxe PS3 games coming by the end of the year so Sony better start ramping up the production already =-).
Just kidding, remember that the same analysts that tought that the Wii would fail are now saying that Sony will lead the market in 2009. So expect free PS3 coupons with some major Blue-ray movies by mid-2009.

If I'm not mistaken, Sony expects to ship 11 million PS3 by the end of their fiscal year (ending in March 2008).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Whatever it won't come down to maybe a million PS3's. I was just being ironic.

15 super deluxe PS3 games

For PS3 fanboys probably, realistically, only GTAIV and MGS4 will have a real effect.

Around the Network

very good, but learn to spell...

that shows early september I still say be end of august.

that's basically what's going to happen, except that right after Wii passed 360 Halo will be released, and 360 will probably pass the Wii up until december, or maybe november if things go good.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
that's basically what's going to happen, except that right after Wii passed 360 Halo will be released, and 360 will probably pass the Wii up until december, or maybe november if things go good.

That's what I expect.  There is going to be a spike in sales when Halo 3 and GTAIV are released.  After that their sales will be continue to be higher than what they are now.  GTAIV and Halo 3 have a huge appeal to casual gamers.  There are a lot of Xbox owners who only own sports games, GTA, and Halo games.  They aren't even aware of the release dates for these games but they'll hear about them from friends and eventually decide it's a good time to get a 360.  There are also people who are going to hear about these games and start saving their money and buy one at a later date.  There are also kids who will hear about these games and ask their parents for one for Christmas(lots of people who play GTA and Halo are under 17, just look at the boards), a $100 price drop would actually put the system in the budgets of these people.  The Wii will probably sell as many units as they can produce this year due to the release of Mario Galaxy, Smash  Bros., and a bunch of other titles.  It will be a very close race this holiday season.

July.

Say it with me now.

July.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!