By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shams said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Honestly, Sqrl and BengaBenga are outstanding users and contributors, and I'm not surprised in the slightest to see them take the spot. I'm not quite sure why FishyJoe was demoted, as he was a constant hard worker in the moderator team. Maybe he just got tired of it all. And as for Roadkillers, he barely ever logged on or did anything.

Welcome to the team fellows, and do us proud.

I have had a few messages from Fishy, he wasn't exactly happy about being de-modded. He didn't know about it until after it happened.

I don't really know why he was demoted, and either does he. Something to do with the style of his modding, or too many complaining about him. Maybe people like DMeisterJ :P

I personally think its a bit unfair - he has been a really hard worked on this site for years, and definitely made VG a better place. Its more that it happened so suddenly, with no warning or anything.

Ah well - life goes on...

Well, that's a shame.

Does he actually know why he was demoted, or is he just guessing and/or making accusations?

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
L.C.E.C. said:
supermario128 said:
leo-j said:
dtewi said:
I'm still going to rant on and on and on and on until I get tired of trying to prove my point.

Banned users never become mods- ioi

Are you sure about that?

IDK, but if it is, that sucks, because I only got banned once for a couple of hours until I got it reversed... I don't necessarily want to be a mod, but I just think that not having that possibility is not cool.

Just an FYI, I too had a ban that was quickly reversed so if you remain a good poster it is possible =)

I do come to the site often and post pretty much daily. My problem is that I just don't post too often. I just like looking over other members' posts, views, opinions, ect., while on MySpace, or playing a game (loading screens on my 360 can be ugly at times). I mean, look at my profile's posts/Day average. Do you have to post a lot to become a mod or something? Because that is what it looks like.

DMeisterJ said:
FishyJoe no longer a mod?

^_^

Agreed.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

MontanaHatchet said:
shams said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Honestly, Sqrl and BengaBenga are outstanding users and contributors, and I'm not surprised in the slightest to see them take the spot. I'm not quite sure why FishyJoe was demoted, as he was a constant hard worker in the moderator team. Maybe he just got tired of it all. And as for Roadkillers, he barely ever logged on or did anything.

I have had a few messages from Fishy, he wasn't exactly happy about being de-modded. He didn't know about it until after it happened.

I don't really know why he was demoted, and either does he. Something to do with the style of his modding, or too many complaining about him. Maybe people like DMeisterJ :P

I personally think its a bit unfair - he has been a really hard worked on this site for years, and definitely made VG a better place. Its more that it happened so suddenly, with no warning or anything.

Well, that's a shame.

Does he actually know why he was demoted, or is he just guessing and/or making accusations?

No accusations (he didn't mention DMeisterJ - I did, after seeing his "happy to see Fishy gone" post.

I got this in a PM from Fishy, and its all I'm going to post. He is just disappointed it happened so suddenly, that's all... no bad feelings or anything:

"Naz tells me I was removed as mod because I couldn't contribute without getting criticism"

(seems to me that a LOT of people are happy that he is gone - which is probably why it happened in the first place?)

...anyway, congrats on the new mods! - I have to run, do some 'other' things on what remains of my Sunday :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Now we have an even better mod team, still don't know why FishyJoe was demoted though.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
shams said:
MontanaHatchet said:

There probably were many complaints about him.  I don't think I've personally ever complained directly to The Boss, but I've stated on occasion that his posting style of posting bad Sony news, and not putting anything but a link in the OP is very annoying, as he is sure to not to give an opinion or say anything about the link or the article, but argue with any other poster in the thread, as it's the posting style that treads the line between "stealth Trolling" and not.

But I don't think that's why he has been de-modded. 

But I'd be lying if I said that I didn't chuckle when I saw what happened.

OT:

Congrats to sqrl and Benga.  Two level-headed posters, that deserve mod-ship.

I miss stof...

THEY DON'T FILL THE VOID!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

DMeisterJ said:
shams said:
MontanaHatchet said:

There probably were many complaints about him.  I don't think I've personally ever complained directly to The Boss, but I've stated on occasion that his posting style of posting bad Sony news, and not putting anything but a link in the OP is very annoying, as he is sure to not to give an opinion or say anything about the link or the article, but argue with any other poster in the thread, as it's the posting style that treads the line between "stealth Trolling" and not.

But I don't think that's why he has been de-modded. 

But I'd be lying if I said that I didn't chuckle when I saw what happened.

OT:

Congrats to sqrl and Benga.  Two level-headed posters, that deserve mod-ship.

i'll wait to hear from fishy.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Easy fellas, let's not kick a guy when he's already down. What's done is done, and we should leave it at that.

Or something.

dtewi said:
I miss stof...

THEY DON'T FILL THE VOID!

Stof will be back. :)

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089