By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Would we see Xbox360s substituted for PS3s after the price slash?

No because people have been waiting to get a 360 when the price cut comes, and with it being cheaper more people are attracted to it

Around the Network

it won't change much.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Squilliam said:
NiKKoM said:
The people who aren't hardcore, don't visit forums and just want a system to play games??

They buy a Wii..

That doesn't mean they don't like GTAIV or FPS/RPGs now does it?

Right, but Sony holds a nice set of cards in some regard with its upcoming lineup.  Don't discount them.  The 360 price cut is strategically placed to counter a lack of games for the Fall.

The PS3 is up and coming with firmware 2.40 bringing all the features of Live and more, Life with Playstation - bringing the casuals in alongside a beta of Home, a solid solid lineup, and a growing bluray / HDTV adoption.

Microsoft sees the value, and the labor of love poured into the upcoming PS3 features and lineup.  Metal Gear was one game, but imagine if God of War, Final Fantasy, or Little Big Planet get that reception.  Will the "PS3 has no GAMES." arguement still hold weight? (The answer is yes, because people are always looking for reasons to knock the system)

For people who believe that the PS3 is superior or the 360 is superior are just blind.  Both consoles are MORE than viable as platforms.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

talkingparrot said:
Squilliam said:
NiKKoM said:
The people who aren't hardcore, don't visit forums and just want a system to play games??

They buy a Wii..

Right, but Sony holds a nice set of cards in some regard with its upcoming lineup.  Don't discount them.  The 360 price cut is strategically placed to counter a lack of games for the Fall. Not really, they have guitar hero - Hei$t - Madden - NCAA football - Too Human - Tales of Vesperia - Infinate undiscovery - Dead rising - The force unleashed. Im not discounting Sony, but if the game experience is considered equal... then people will get the cheaper one.

The PS3 is up and coming with firmware 2.40 bringing all the features of Live and more, Life with Playstation - bringing the casuals in alongside a beta of Home, a solid solid lineup, and a growing bluray / HDTV adoption. Yup thats why I said - not including Sony hardcore or people who've decided on blu ray.

Microsoft sees the value, and the labor of love poured into the upcoming PS3 features and lineup.  Metal Gear was one game, but imagine if God of War, Final Fantasy, or Little Big Planet get that reception.  Will the "PS3 has no GAMES." arguement still hold weight? (The answer is yes, because people are always looking for reasons to knock the system) Hey I own one, im really enjoying MGS4 so um? Well in any case competition is good for the consumers as they fight to find the best way to make their customers happy.

For people who believe that the PS3 is superior or the 360 is superior are just blind.  Both consoles are MORE than viable as platforms. Which is my point. If both are viable and one is cheaper...

Tease.

Squilliam said:
talkingparrot said:
Squilliam said:
NiKKoM said:

They buy a Wii..

Right, but Sony holds a nice set of cards in some regard with its upcoming lineup.  Don't discount them.  The 360 price cut is strategically placed to counter a lack of games for the Fall. Not really, they have guitar hero - Hei$t - Madden - NCAA football - Too Human - Tales of Vesperia - Infinate undiscovery - Dead rising - The force unleashed. Im not discounting Sony, but if the game experience is considered equal... then people will get the cheaper one.

The PS3 is up and coming with firmware 2.40 bringing all the features of Live and more, Life with Playstation - bringing the casuals in alongside a beta of Home, a solid solid lineup, and a growing bluray / HDTV adoption. Yup thats why I said - not including Sony hardcore or people who've decided on blu ray.

Microsoft sees the value, and the labor of love poured into the upcoming PS3 features and lineup.  Metal Gear was one game, but imagine if God of War, Final Fantasy, or Little Big Planet get that reception.  Will the "PS3 has no GAMES." arguement still hold weight? (The answer is yes, because people are always looking for reasons to knock the system) Hey I own one, im really enjoying MGS4 so um? Well in any case competition is good for the consumers as they fight to find the best way to make their customers happy.

For people who believe that the PS3 is superior or the 360 is superior are just blind.  Both consoles are MORE than viable as platforms. Which is my point. If both are viable and one is cheaper...

Your arguing just for the sake of being argumentative. 

I think if the 360 is cheaper by a multitude of a $100, the sales will spike for a few months. I don't think Sony will respond.

However, if the console outsells the PS3 by a factor of 2, Sony will respond with a price cut and a bundle.

Its business. I for one, honestly believe, more people are waiting for a cheaper PS3 with a comparable OS to live than to buying a Xbox 360 at the moment. 

I think in the hearts of even the grittiest fanboys, there is a hole that will admit to this.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Around the Network
talkingparrot said:
Squilliam said:
talkingparrot said:

Your arguing just for the sake of being argumentative. 

I think if the 360 is cheaper by a multitude of a $100, the sales will spike for a few months. I don't think Sony will respond.

However, if the console outsells the PS3 by a factor of 2, Sony will respond with a price cut and a bundle.

Its business. I for one, honestly believe, more people are waiting for a cheaper PS3 with a comparable OS to live than to buying a Xbox 360 at the moment. 

I think in the hearts of even the grittiest fanboys, there is a hole that will admit to this.

No im not - The Xbox360 has quite a decent selection of games available to it, especially Madden and guitar hero which are significant to the U.S market. It also has 3 decent exclusives coming in that period as well.

Sony promises profitability, if they drop the price they'll lose even more money.

Since when was this about people waiting? People who are waiting aren't buying and can be ignored for now.

Last commented:Bolded, uhhhhhhh

Tease.