By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Should donaters get special status?

I imagine this site doesn't get run off donations but im sure they help, I think anyone willing to literally throw money at the site should get privelages of sorts, like being able to edit this or add images to that.

Me personally I use this site more for the numbers and less the forums, id like to be able to help with the database for example, so id be willing to donate a few bucks for that kind of thing. But obviously this sites demographic may not agree.     

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Around the Network

If donators got special status that was obvious to the public eye, that would mean they have recieved something for the money, like as if they have purchased it, then ioi etc, would have to pay tax on the money recieved.

Therefore donating a donation was not really donating :P

That is, of course, if you're only donating for the special status.

it's not an uncommon practice to have small benefits for people who donate money..

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

To be honest, I'd rather help for free, regardless of the extent of the help, being paid holds an expected obligation!

Maybe take some people on as article writers/promoters etc etc, and if they do a good job send them a game of their choice or something, that sounds like a wicked way to get support.

Around the Network

I think maybe doing some free game contests for the prediction league would be cool. Maybe try to get some of the retailer(s) to donate some free/cheap games, or vouchers for games from their online retailers.

A free E3 trip would very cool for someone. I remember going on free trips once in awhile when I wrote for PGI (paintball games intenational) as a freelance journalist for their magazine. It was alot of fun.

Hey, if you do ever need someone to do a trip like that - sign me up. I've had professional experience writing, and my articles were published in atleast 2 majorly distributed sporting good magazines totaling over 100 countries.

I think you can still view some of my articles online at www.paintballgamesmag.com

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.