By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ninja Gaiden Sigma will silence PS3 critics, says Hayashi

Anyone play this on the Xbox that plans on getting it on the PS3 interested in the changes they make and how different it looks I know it really looked amazing on the Xbox.

Around the Network

Maybe by silence, they meant nobody would care?

FishyJoe said:
Maybe by silence, they meant nobody would care?

Maybe he meant graphics? or maybe you are trolling...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

well 20k the first day isn't silencing anyone.

Or maybe 20k first day sales represents total apathy of the Japanese market for this type of PS3 game.

Trolling would be, NGS sucks and nobody will buy it.

Around the Network
your mother said:
RolStoppable said:
Dolla Dolla said:
your mother said:

Given the nature of Ninja Gaiden's gameplay plus the sheer raw horsepower of the PS3, I would consider anything less to be a technical flop from Mr Hayashi.

The fixed camera that you are describing is the same technique used in the God of War series, which is why it is so gorgeous on the PS2. This should definitely help move software on the PS3. I'm a bit unsure of the affects it'll have on the hardware side though.

Since when has Ninja Gaiden a fixed camera? The original on the Xbox allowed you to center the camera anytime behind Ryu with a single button press. The update Ninja Gaiden Black added a free camera to the right analogue stick.

So has Sigma a fixed camera?

Right, it does have a free camera, but only in the FPV if I recall correctly. It still works pretty much the same way, as a) you're in a confined area, and b) the free camera is confined to this area, so the developers can control the polygon count regardless.

And as Dolla Dolla said, this is the same technique used inGod of War, and why it looks spectacular - every single polygon is accounted for once the scene (or "room") is loaded.

I don't think you've been following games for a long time. First of all, no, Sigma has totally free camera in AND out of first person mode.

Second of all, background are not prerendered. I think they gave up with that back in Dreamcast days...  

i think this game will be visually impressive but i dont think it will sell well... i mean look at.. has any ninja gaiden game sold well ...no... they are know for being extremely hard maybe thats why...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

FishyJoe said:
Or maybe 20k first day sales represents total apathy of the Japanese market for this type of PS3 game.

Trolling would be, NGS sucks and nobody will buy it.

Did you even read the post in the thread? You didn't he talks about the PS3's power being questioned and said he will show it which he did by making a game that looks really good on the PS3...

He didn't mention any fuckin thing about sales..

Do you even read or do you just read the title and come on and bash it which is called trolling. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

dreamkin said:
your mother said:
RolStoppable said:
Dolla Dolla said:
your mother said:

Given the nature of Ninja Gaiden's gameplay plus the sheer raw horsepower of the PS3, I would consider anything less to be a technical flop from Mr Hayashi.

The fixed camera that you are describing is the same technique used in the God of War series, which is why it is so gorgeous on the PS2. This should definitely help move software on the PS3. I'm a bit unsure of the affects it'll have on the hardware side though.

Since when has Ninja Gaiden a fixed camera? The original on the Xbox allowed you to center the camera anytime behind Ryu with a single button press. The update Ninja Gaiden Black added a free camera to the right analogue stick.

So has Sigma a fixed camera?

Right, it does have a free camera, but only in the FPV if I recall correctly. It still works pretty much the same way, as a) you're in a confined area, and b) the free camera is confined to this area, so the developers can control the polygon count regardless.

And as Dolla Dolla said, this is the same technique used inGod of War, and why it looks spectacular - every single polygon is accounted for once the scene (or "room") is loaded.

I don't think you've been following games for a long time. First of all, no, Sigma has totally free camera in AND out of first person mode.

Second of all, background are not prerendered. I think they gave up with that back in Dreamcast days...

I've been following games pretty much sine I was seven. I should've made it more clear: I'm talking about Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox. I haven't a clue about Sigma since I don't own a PS3 and have never played Sigma or seen it in my life. My comment refers to the highlighted statement, and my point was more about the God of War/Resident Evil/Onimusha-type games.

But if Sigma is a remake of the Xbox version, then it can have a totally free camera, but still confined to the loaded "room"/"area", and won't be in a sandbox environment; otherwise it'd be a different game altogether.