By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - britian makes the best bands!!!!

super_etecoon said:
Dogs Rule said:
Cream, Derrick and the Dominos, The Yarbirds. (is there a common thread?)
Led Zeppelin.

Heck, right now, I will credit the UK with keeping Rock alive while the North Americas are dominated with rap.

If you only like to consider the MTV generation...then you might be right.

But I'm sure you are aware that the best music happens underground.

Hehe, I've now got an image of a load of moles playing in a band.

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
bardicverse said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Well, I like Bullet for my Valentine, Lost Prophets, Funeral for a Friend, Coldplay. But I don't think that there are enough.

We do have a great history in music, though, and have shaped many of the biggest genres out there.

lol dont forget where the main genres came from - jazz, ragtime, rock n roll, rock, heavy metal, punk, rap, hip hop, alternative rock, hardcore, etc all came out of the US.

Now, I'm not an expert on this, and I don't know much, but I can tell you one thing, punk was created in Britain. About the rest, I do not know.

From Wikipedia:

Punk rock (often referred to simply as punk) is an anti-establishment rock music genre and movement that developed between 1974 and 1976 independently in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia.

super_etecoon said:
Dogs Rule said:
Led Zeppelin.

Heck, right now, I will credit the UK with keeping Rock alive while the North Americas are dominated with rap.

yes, i hate MTV for that reason. they make it so if you listen to what they play then you are cool/hip and anything else is worthless. I agree the best music in the U.S. right now is underground, thats why i also keep my radio off.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

super_etecoon said:
i love xbox360 said:
super_etecoon said:
lol at your choice of bands.

Let's see....you've also got:

The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and Queen.

But this pissing match is unnecessary....

not to be funny but there before my time and i was only givein a few examples

Uh...they're before all of our time.  Well, except FKusumot.

And that's the lamest excuse for not listening to some of the most influential, profound music of ALL TIME...regardless of geographic location.  Seriously, do yourself a favor and broaden your horizons...both in time ....and in space.

so an american is telling me to broaden your horizons are u kidding me, the american people r some of the most narrow minded people in the world, at least when we go on holiday we go to other countries to expirence the culture, most americans just go to the next state

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

i love xbox360 said:
super_etecoon said:
i love xbox360 said:
super_etecoon said:

Uh...they're before all of our time.  Well, except FKusumot.

And that's the lamest excuse for not listening to some of the most influential, profound music of ALL TIME...regardless of geographic location.  Seriously, do yourself a favor and broaden your horizons...both in time ....and in space.

so an american is telling me to broaden your horizons are u kidding me, the american people r some of the most narrow minded people in the world, at least when we go on holiday we go to other countries to expirence the culture, most americans just go to the next state

not all of us, dont judge us on how little you know us.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

Around the Network
i love xbox360 said:
super_etecoon said:
i love xbox360 said:
super_etecoon said:

Uh...they're before all of our time. Well, except FKusumot.

And that's the lamest excuse for not listening to some of the most influential, profound music of ALL TIME...regardless of geographic location. Seriously, do yourself a favor and broaden your horizons...both in time ....and in space.

Did you just make a generalization about Americans...then put me in there with it?  You can't be that naive to buy into the global stereotypes that get filtered through the media.

I will not take a stance that one region is better than the other...nor even one time period.

But I will say that my opinion of you is now lower than it was when this thread started.

super_etecoon said:
Dogs Rule said:
Led Zeppelin.

As long as it is velvety, I'm fine with that statement.

And that is why I said dominated. You can never call something that is underground "dominating."

Bardicverse is right that much of modern musics roots originated in the US. Mostly in the South, by african-Americans. The blues of the Southern African-Americans forked into Jazz, rhythm and blues, bluegrass, and rock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blues

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_and_roll#Origins_of_the_style

America automatically wins: Aerosmith.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:

It is funny how wikipedia describes them as "hard-rock" maybe in the old days, but now they are mostly known for power ballads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosmith

Strategyking92 said:

just caz they got a guitar hero game dont make them the best

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER