By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Edge: Ninja Gaiden II walks all over DMC 4 and God of War

Slimebeast said:

Sounds like a fanboy wrote that article. I don't think they're paid by MS, because then the pro-X360 stuff would be more smart and subtle. Encouraging people to support MS is just too obvious, and sounds very fanboyish.

Really? Read the closing statement in the review, actually written by Edge.

"And it shows something wider: in terms of mainstream videogame, and for all that Microsoft needs the support and attach rates of so-called 'hardcore' gamers, the truth is that hardcore gamers need Microsoft more. Much more."

I think that is obvious. If there is anything fanboyish, it is indeed coming from Edge.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
JBoogie said:
gow>dmc>ng

lets analyze that for a sec.

:

1. PS exclusive

2. Multiplatform

3. 360 exclusive...

hmm, bias?

NG - xbox exclusive

NGS - Ps3 Exclusive

NG2 - 360 Exclusive.

I think he was talking about the franchise and not about your silly claim

CrazzyMan said:

Now it`s clear, why MGS4 got 8 from them, lol. =)

Yeah, NG2 is masterpiece in terms of fighting mechanics, BUT:
camera
weak graphics
sub-hd
frame rate problems
weak story

these cons overall make NG2 to be just a good game, nothing more.

According to Edge, regardless of all those flaws the fighting alone makes NG2 a much above average game. Yet how is that possible? It is almost no different from Black/Sigma.

Was it Edge that gave MGS4 an 8 and used weak excused like how the glass in windows break?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

that was full of lose i wonder how much they got paid by microsoft for saying that.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

No wonder they think it walks all over God of War. They gave it the lowest score of all reviewers.

God of War II review by Edge - 70.
Ninja Gaiden - 90

I guess they just enjoy mindless violence with no story.

Currently playing:

Around the Network

Wow, Edge just flushed any credibility down the toilet. How can the editors allow such bias crap to be published? I never paid much attention to them anyways. I'll stick with IGN for the most part.

Euphoria14 said:
No wonder they think it walks all over God of War. They gave it the lowest score of all reviewers.

God of War II review by Edge - 70.
Ninja Gaiden - 90

I guess they just enjoy mindless violence with no story.

lol instead of mindless violence with a solid story.

They're allowed to like NG more than GOW. It's totally understandable as there's pros and cons to both games. It's just that whole hardcore gamers need MS bit that is unfounded and silly.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

God of War >>> NG = DMC4

Also it's nice how he compares Ninja Gaiden 2 to God of War on the PS2... Let's see him make that comparison when God of War 3 launches. That will be very fun.

No wonder MS lost money on the XBOX in 2007. They spent too much goddamned money paying off Edge.

I like DMC4 best. It has a gorgeous fighting engine, very deep and intuitive at the same time, while having an entertaining story and amazing graphics. NG2 is good too, though it lacks compared to DMC4 especially in story and graphics.

GOW is for casuals, flash without substance, it doesn't even count.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"