By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Edge: Ninja Gaiden II walks all over DMC 4 and God of War

CrazzyMan said:
Edge also encourages hardcore gamers to fully support Microsoft, because without them, hardcore gaming could be a thing of the past."
Let`s THANK M$ for rushed games. =))
http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?s=641166026dcfe9851f89ef1c93525fb8&t=320075
Okay, so I've been really enjoying the game - it's a remarkable step up from the original Ninja Gaiden, but a lot of alarm bells have been going off in my head after noticing there's heaps of framerate drops in the game, and it's rather jarring. At first, I noticed the cutscenes were reduced in terms of framerate - which was no biggy. Secondly, when we first met Alexei - his lightning effects were really sub-par, like PSX style animation. It's not a big thing, but it kinda ruins the effect the game goes for.

I'm currently in Chapter 10 (the one where you fight Elizabeta at the end) and I noticed something horrendous. Not only did I spend most of the chapter in about 10fps, I got to this staircase, where about 50-100 people swarmed me.

The game slowed down to an absolute crawl. So I try using an Eclipse Ultimate Technique. Sure, it worked, but I don't think I've ever seen anything like this since I filled a room up with remote mines in Goldeneye and detonated it. The game slowed down, almost freezing! The sound reminded me of GE too.

There was one part in chapter 10 that it did that.  The stairway scene he talked about.  It was a ridiculous amount of enemies on screen at once and almost curious if it did that on purpose because it is rather blatent.

The rest of that chapter had no framerate problems.  There is an early GDC build of that level on gametrailers in HD if you want to look yourself.  But of course you haven't played the game yourself so no first hand experience (like normal).

I haven't noticed any real framerate dips either at least not to the point where it's distracting and isn't that what matters?  Several recent 10/10 games have had framerate dips too ya know. MGS4, GTA4 ring a bell?

But of course you come back to bash a game you have no play time with. Not surprising to say the least.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
weezy said:

Seriously. You gotta be a man to play Ninjagaiden. GoW and DMC are a 12 year old boy's fantasy. aka, for wimps.

1.Ninja Gaiden*best*

2.Devil May Crap.*ok*

3.Todd of War*wimp*

btw the thread title should have been,

Ninja Gaiden II shits all over DMC 4 and God of War

Nice trolling. Consider this your warning.

what the hell montana that aint trolling bro. Just becaues Im joking and saying those other games are for wimps?

c;mon your better than that. Thats like a ssj12 warning(warning for no reason)

sense of humor

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Ninja Gaiden wasn't really that hard. While the combat had a higher learning curve, nearly all of the enemies could be beaten using all of three moves.

It seemed to me that Tecmo was incapable of making the game hard, so they decided to do things like making you go forever between save points and placing all the potion shops half the world away from wherever you currently were. That doesn't make the game hard or even challenging, it just makes it into a tedious hassle and a downright pain.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Lord N said:

Ninja Gaiden wasn't really that hard. While the combat had a higher learning curve, nearly all of the enemies could be beaten using all of three moves.

It seemed to me that Tecmo was incapable of making the game hard, so they decided to do things like making you go forever between save points and placing all the potion shops half the world away from wherever you currently were. That doesn't make the game hard or even challenging, it just makes it into a tedious hassle and a downright pain.

That's precisely what they solved in NG2 with more frequent saves and partial energy replenishing after battles. That's when (some) people started slagging the game for being easier than the original, when in fact the fights are harder. I guess they just can't win, eh?

Regarding your comment about the number of moves - yeah, the enemies get hurt when you hit them with the weapons. Other than the bosses, you are not forced to find strategies, which I consider a good thing. You'll be far more efficient and have much more fun if you use the appropriate weapons and moves for each situation though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

haha wow...difference of opinion i guess

Around the Network
weezy said:

Seriously. You gotta be a man to play Ninjagaiden. GoW and DMC are a 12 year old boy's fantasy. aka, for wimps.

1.Ninja Gaiden*best*

2.Devil May Crap.*ok*

3.Todd of War*wimp*

Looks like weezy is a bit of an retard.

Phasma said:
weezy said:

1.Ninja Gaiden*best*

2.Devil May Crap.*ok*

3.Todd of War*wimp*

Looks like weezy is a bit of an retard.

Nah, he does it on purpose.

Desroko said:
I agree. DMC4 and GoW aren't bad games by any means, but they're not much compared to NGII, which isn't even as good as the original.

DMC4 has flashier graphics and a storyline that's just as inane and poorly executed, while GoW has Greek mythology for people too stupid to read a book. Those who appreciate gameplay will always choose Ninja Gaiden.

That would mean ninja gaiden is for people who are too lazy to study ninjas?

You know actually outside of bosses in Black or Sigma, you really only had to spam 1 or 2 attacks to kill anything in the game and do as good a score as possible...

1) any attack move you like and can kill an enemy relatively fast ( Izuna drop ?)
2) On Land UT spam till encounter is over and every enemy is dead. Preferably keepign some orbs up to carry them over to the next fight to start with an on land UT too...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
You know actually outside of bosses in Black or Sigma, you really only had to spam 1 or 2 attacks to kill anything in the game and do as good a score as possible...

1) any attack move you like and can kill an enemy relatively fast ( Izuna drop ?)
2) On Land UT spam till encounter is over and every enemy is dead. Preferably keepign some orbs up to carry them over to the next fight to start with an on land UT too...

I could enumerate a range of situations where that wouldn't work, but I'm not going to. Enemies have unblockable counter-moves against crap like that (a quite memorable example are the zombies who throw you on the floor and start eating you, chapter 6 I believe).