By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii 30 million or xbox360 20 million what will happen first

So I suppose you all have used your crystal balls to know how E3 will turn out?

Around the Network

Shouldn't this thread have been named "Wii 30 million, Xbox 360 20 million, or PS3 15 million: what will happen first?" to coincide with that other "360 20 million or ps3 15 million" thread that was here before? ;-p

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

toastboy44562 said:

i thinks its a close call

Xbox 360's sales are pretty flat... They really need to do something about Europe and they're barely beating the ps3 in NA. Wii continues to sell amazingly, despite the fact that there really aren't any big games in the near future, I think it will sell to 30 million soon.

Wii 30 million.

Well the Wii did about half a million this week so I would say the edge now goes to the Wii.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
The 360, simply because of what nintendo will say at e3.

Can you elaborate?   My apparently inferior intellect is failing to understand this incredible prognostication.

Current results to go:

X360 - 458,097
Wii - 1,541,081

Average weekly sales previous 4 weeks:

X360 - 130,091
Wii - 366,881

4 week projection based on past 4 weeks sales.

X360 - 20,062,267
Wii - 29,926,443

X360 may hit the 20 million mark a day or two before Wii crosses 30 million though the sales week will be the same.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

sadly I think the 360 will hit 20 million first, but the wii will hit 30 million within a week after this happens.

Pixel Art can be fun.

This looks very close, by next week 360 could hit 20 million.

But Wii is going pretty fast, plus another shipment of Wiifit in American this week mean another hardware sales boost - it could all just depend on supply. Of course if Nintendo starts Wii music ad's soon that could entrance Europe.

oh btw ressurection card played.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

It's going to be a tie

Everyone wins with a tie

The shipment numbers for Q2 2008 will decide this one.