By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Socom Confrontation is gonna be killer in the fall!

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Skeeuk said:
a purchase from me, this game looks superb, i belive it will sell better than warhawk

That's not hard.

Got any sales data for Warhawk?

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network

A rental for me.

Looks cool, I love the fact that they have not much of the new modern post effects like blurring or excessive HDR. Makes the screenshots much clearer which is important for multiplayer games. And the setting and architecture looks awesome.

Rock_on_2008 said:
A rental for me.

Is this getting a retail release?  I thought it was a PSN download only.

Either way, I'm getting it.

PSN - hanafuda

This is a def buy for me; 32 player tactical shooter ftw.

Around the Network

yo i'm downloading this day 1! i friggin love SOCOM.

I think i only ever owned Socom II, but i always rented I, III, and Combined Assault.

I can not wait for Confrontation

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Never played it.Is it like MGO?

Id call it a 3rd person CoD4 on Hardcore mode. Gameplay gets fast when your ambushed but it gets real slow and tactical (as it does on CoD4's Hardcore Search &Destroy) since you only have 1 life.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
hanafuda said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
A rental for me.

Is this getting a retail release?  I thought it was a PSN download only.

Either way, I'm getting it.

I believe they are going to at least have a retail version with a headset, not sure about one without it.

Anyways I put hundreds of hours into SOCOM I & II, I hope Confrontation can bring back the style of those games.  3 ruined the series for me.  Also put a 16 player Foxhunt/Desert Glory/(daytime) Abandoned, and it will be an instant buy.

I have high hopes for this game, here's to hoping it pulls through.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Heard lots of great things of SOCOM multiplayer. Looking forward to it, also need a headset.