By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox360 HD domination begins - 06/07/2008. $299 Pro is coming!

LongLiveTheBeatles said:
Squilliam said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319489

$299...

Thats one big relief right there. Looks like if theres any pent up demand at for a lower price we'll see one hell of a spike maybe?

:D

Great for gamers/great for Microsoft/great for developers. Win!Win!Win!

Full of win.

Why would you care about the price if you already have a 360? And define domination.

I care about the future games coming out too. (bolded see?)

Domination is whatever happens to the Xbox360 sales wise, I will put spin on it and say domination.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319489

$299...

Thats one big relief right there. Looks like if theres any pent up demand at for a lower price we'll see one hell of a spike maybe?

:D

Great for gamers/great for Microsoft/great for developers. Win!Win!Win!

Full of win.

Looks like Microsoft is serious about competing with the wii. 299$ for the pro, i can only wonder what the arcade is. And the PS3 just stands out has the sexy shiny pricy Playstation 3 Computer Entatainment System

starcraft said:
Torillian said:
Crazy Non-American date system....confused me.

I will be interested to see how it turns out, but I think some perhaps are putting their expectations a bit too high. (stable 100k in America)

Who made that prediction?

Toastyboy seemed to think it was possible, and a few more in the particular thread agreed with him.

starcraft said:
kingofwale said:
starcraft said:
We'll see what happens.

I'd settle for no spike and a permanent 30% increase in sales.

heck, I am sure every 360 fanboys would "settle" for that. but it doesn't mean it's possible.

look at what 100 Euro price-cut did for 360 in Europe.

Almost exactly a permanant increase of 30%........

VGChartz.com |

hmm... really?

Looks like simply seasonal variation. PS3 is experiencing similar boost. Unless you are implying that PS3 is somehow getting a "permanant" increase without a price cut as well?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

so PS3 will be almost twice as expensive as 360 around the world.

it gives it a 40K boost in NA then it drops to 15 then it goes back up in November.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
We'll see what happens.

Umm... a 30% sales increase in the US would still put it firmly in 3rd place.

They don't need to lower the price (although that's good too), they need to spend some money on an ad campaign explaining that the RROD issue is gone if it is, or make it go away if it's not.

The UK proved that price is not the issue. No one wants to buy an electronic device that has the worst reliability in the history of electricity.

If they made them work, they could sell them for $50 more, and they would outsell the PS3.

kingofwale said:
starcraft said:
kingofwale said:
starcraft said:
We'll see what happens.

heck, I am sure every 360 fanboys would "settle" for that. but it doesn't mean it's possible.

VGChartz.com |

hmm... really?

Looks like simply seasonal variation. PS3 is experiencing similar boost. Unless you are implying that PS3 is somehow getting a "permanant" increase without a price cut as well?

Sony's brandname and MGS4 anyone?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
kingofwale said:
starcraft said:
kingofwale said:
starcraft said:
We'll see what happens.

VGChartz.com |

hmm... really?

Sony's brandname and MGS4 anyone?

number was similar even BEFORE the release of MGS4.

Also, Xbox's brand name is MUCH stronger in US than PS3 had in Europe, and I don't remember seeing such boost of late.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:
We'll see what happens.

Umm... a 30% sales increase in the US would still put it firmly in 3rd place.

I agree they need to inform consumers that Rrod is gone.  But you realize that this week, even post-MGS4, the Xbox 360 was already ahead of the PS3 in America.  Add in the fact that Japanese PS3 sales are probably 10-15k above where they will settle, and a 30% increase in sales in America will see the Xbox 360 close behind the PS3.  Certainly not "firmly" in third place.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Actualy a mere 30% increase in sales would put it on par or slightly ahead of PS3 sales world wide again, assuming that the PS3 trends back to its pre MGS4 sales rate or there abouts.

Tease.