By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Fragile info and screens!

^they dont seem to good to me,especially the one rath posted

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
brute said:
^they dont seem to good to me,especially the one rath posted

They look better than most efforts. Also look at the furniture in these pictures. Do you see how detailed those textures are. Definately couldn't have been done last gen.and the lighting amazing. The only problem I have is the low polygon counts, and the lack of normal mapping( even though its not necessary it would be nice). Also look at the textures on the walls. You could see the different amount of decay and such in detail. Very nice. Not the most the wii coudl do, but still nice.

Edit: Also the character models seem a little bad, but I think they could fix it.

^but the character models are what matter alot too

brute said:
^but the character models are what matter alot too

Then they got to fix that part the most. At least it doesn't look like dogs. Also another thing I liike about the picks are there are not too many jaggies.

Edit: @ Soriku Lol your right.

Soriku said:

These jelly/ghosts look almost exactly like the Slime in DQ lol.

yeah they do kinda look the same

Around the Network

I don't know, it looks okay. The only monsters I've seen are spirit jellies and a spirit tentacle inside some pants. From the screenshots, it looks like you have some anime-ish characters and some pretty environments.

Meh?

^thats what im saying but they dont agree with me

I think this pic right here shows off its graphics the best.

Firstly look at the trees. You see shadows from the leaves on the trunk and the ground. I think it is real time shadows too judging by how exact the shadows are to the shape of the leaves. Then I bet if we zoomed in more you would see the trunks with alot of detailed textures.  Also look at the draw distances. Pass the fence looks like there is a small plateu with many trees and such. Look at the roots on the building, and the brickes show some good textures and I beleive maybe bump shading?  For a wii game this is very impressive. The random cider blockes poles, plants trees grass and fence, seems like alot of stuff loaded in a wii game.  I think if they put as much work as they do inside that they do outside, it could be some of the best graphics on the wii. Its kinda weird too, because usually the inside allows for better graphics because of less things to load. the game is also not done with developement, and I beleive they are trying for a release this year, so we should see more of it. I want to see some more screens that show off the lighting.

well one pic doesnt really show how good a game looks,like i saids though the models need to look better

brute said:
well one pic doesnt really show how good a game looks,like i saids though the models need to look better

Yes but that is the only outdoor pic. They probably focused more on the outdoor aspects of the game first, and now trying to finish up on the indoor ones. Anyway no matter what the game seems to have alot of work put into it graphics wise, and gameplay wise. I actually believe its better than any released 3rd party game in terms of graphics technically. They just need to touch up on the character models.