By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA sales up! X360 > Ps3

The Ps3 is supply constrained and it beats me why Sony dont just roll out the 80GB Ww and create more demand. July will be interesting with the 80GB bundle arriving, after that E3 and the wii's production being upped to 2.4M per month.

Ps3 long term sales will no doubt increase but all eyes on E3?

Around the Network

@greenmedic88:

It's not too early for stockpiling, if you look at last year's shipment patterns you can easily see that.

Sales this year have been significantly lower than production, and you can't explain that with stock sitting on shelves, the discrepancy is too high. As for me, I almost don't need to look at this year's data, after following it last year it's pretty obvious what Nintendo's strategy is.

@Just_Ben: Nope, it was either June or July from memory.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Oyvoyvoyv said:

X360: 57K

Ps3: 55K

PsP: 69K

Wii: 185K

DS 167K

Yea, by a mere 2,000 more units the xbox360, but its getting womped by everything else, even by sonys psp!

Me said:
The Ps3 is supply constrained and it beats me why Sony dont just roll out the 80GB Ww and create more demand. July will be interesting with the 80GB bundle arriving, after that E3 and the wii's production being upped to 2.4M per month.

Ps3 long term sales will no doubt increase but all eyes on E3?

my personall guess is that new SKUs with BC will come out worldwide with the next chip shrinks. if the shrinks are really going to happen in late summer then it does not make much sense to start producing new versions now which will be replaced with the next version in a few months.

ibm allready published that they shrinked cell to 45nm and got a 34% smaller chip with 40% less heat than the current 65nm, also there was also the rumors that the rsx got shrinked from 90nm to 65nm which should again result in die size reduction by at least a 3rd and probably compareable heat reduction.

with both chips shrinked they could probably also reduce mainboard size and reduce cooling which would make slimline models available and probably replace all current models.

sales will increase by next week for sure, the 80gig bundles should be back in stock by then, if not already. so pretty much expected, its actually the 360 sales that are dire, with a supposed better game library its not shifting more which is worrying. all in all a good week for all consoles

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Big drop for ps3.

kowenicki said:

If only I could find that thread about PS3 reaching 15m before 360 reaches 20m.....

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28124

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

leo-j said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
So much for PS3 catching 360 in sales...

It outsold the 360 again.. how is it not catching it in sales.

X360: 57K

Ps3: 55K

What???

edit: I know you probably meant WW, but this is a thread about NA sales.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Don't get too judgmental Kowen. I can pull up a similarly stupid thread for the 360, or even the Wii I imagine (though that tends to just be really stupid posts littered through random threads). All consoles hae fanboys as dumb as the ones in there.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

leo-j said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
So much for PS3 catching 360 in sales...

It outsold the 360 again.. how is it not catching it in sales.

@ leo-j

The PS3 will never catch the 360 in sales unless the PS3 overtakes them in weekly sales in the Americas. That is where the deficit is. The PS3 is doing great in Others and will always sell in Japan. However, American and Canadian gamers still seem to be chosing the 360. If Sony truly wants to catch MS they have to bring up sales in the Americas. The PS3 is a great system but until Metal Gear was released my 360 was seeing more action. When I'm done with MGS4 I'm sure the 360 will see more action.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus