By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Want to upgrade my PC to be able to play Gears Of War

My budget is around $70 ( I know pathetic ) I saw some good prices on ebay my motherboard is pretty old and won't support PCI 16X graphic cards , i'm thinking i'll need a new mobo.

Basicly I need the cheapest possible option for upgrading my pc to play Gears Of War , I current have 7XX Mb ram ( 512 + 256 combined ) , 128 Graphics card and a 1.8 ghz proccesor all of which I know are inadequet to play Gears.

Anyone have an recomendations ( I live in the UK BTW).

Around the Network

Dont know if their is much you can do buddy with $70. Some motherboards alone cost the $70 you have to get the PCI 16X slots, let alone the cost of a bit more RAM and Processor/Graphics card. But hey, you got some extreamly intelligent people who frequent this site, who know computers. If (Shio) gets on he may be able to help you out. I wish I could help ya, but $70 (at least for me) is not enough, sorry.

You need at least 3-4 times that budget to play Gears on a decent level...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

You need like $4000 to build a 'decent' PC.

If you had $140, then you could do something more. Plus, what kind of RAM and processor you have now?

Get a 360 :-p

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

$4000?! What are you building? A server/render farm?

wait price cut if you 're in america or buy immediately a 199euro 360 :)

fazz said:
You need like $4000 to build a 'decent' PC.

If you had $140, then you could do something more. Plus, what kind of RAM and processor you have now?

LOL. No you need like $400 to build a 'decent' PC if you already have a monitor and HDD. Still, his current budget is woefully inadequate to upgrade the PC to the levels he will need.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

www.dinopc.com (Don't let the url fool ya, it's British). I got my PC from here.

Though, if you're upgrading to play GeOW, it'd be much cheaper to slap some mud and ketchup in your face, with no noticeable difference in quality.

$70, well thats not alot, you can get really good 2g ram DDR2 for $50 or less.

I've guess you looked at the minimum system requirements, I wouldnt always believe that stuff. I'd say put some stuff over the required system requirements and maybe you can play gears of war with less requirements. I mean I have 2GB RAM, 1.8 dual-core, and a 8600gt and that plays cod4 fine on my pc.

Maybe you should try upgrading ur mobo, but that wont be enough to play gears of war.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil