By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to get more aggressive in Europe.

NiKKoM said:
endimion said:
NiKKoM said:
reask said:
NiKKoM said:
reask said:
NiKKoM said:
They should remove every trace of Microsoft of the xbox360.. Europeans don't like Big American Company's.. :) I mean how many times has the European Union gave a Milions++++ fine to Microsoft? :D

so sony is a nicer company? cmon they are both massive companys with one thing in common. that is coming out top dog.

No.. that with the fines was just a side joke.. didn't you see the :D?? But Sony does have a better reputation than Microsoft as in better hardware, reliable, products like: Walkman, Discman PS2 etc.. While Microsoft will always be associeted with Windows.. wma, internet explorer.. products which are.. medioric..

sorry I dont fully understand all this internet lingo but yes sony does have a better reputation but remember you are only as good as your last gig.

what I mean is you cannot live off the reputation of the ps2 forever.

That's the whole point.. Sony doesn't live of the PS2 reputation.. It has made dozens of great products.. Which we Europeans love & trust... Microsoft hasn't got that reputation that we love & trust.. It's almost hate..

oh yeah like what in the past 10 years ???? could be more years but lets keep it simple.... and especially so I don't get the Walkman argument

The Walkman argument? It's an example of a Sony product which had a great reputation.. Which brought the Brand Sony in higher regards with the Europeans..

The Cybershot camera's, the Vaio Notebooks, PS2, PSP, The Handycam... all good products which added to the reputation of the Sony Brand.. That's a head start that Microsoft doesn't have in Europe..

Or the Blu-Ray-Player for the PS3 and the 4 months delay of the console.... explosive batteries for DELL-Laptops... great hardware

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
endimion said:
yeah the walkman argument, almost 30 years ago.... come on.... it's the 21st century..... Cybershot cameras are like iPods it might be big in sales doesn't make it the best product for the price tag.... Vaio notebook don't even get me started on that pile of crap..... without talking about all their proprietary shitty format they push on you like on PSP.... Sony is the microsoft of electronics... but then again it's fancy to have Sony brands in your house.. design are nice... I'll give them that... saying they are high end good quality product at that price... is a freaking joke....

Well that's you opinion about those products and I respect that.. but you do know that walkman isn't only the cassetes anymore but also their MP3 player line? And in their Phones? But thats still the reason why microsoft is losing in Europe.. the bad Brand name..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

DirtyP2002 said:
NiKKoM said:
endimion said:
NiKKoM said:
reask said:
NiKKoM said:
reask said:
NiKKoM said:
They should remove every trace of Microsoft of the xbox360.. Europeans don't like Big American Company's.. :) I mean how many times has the European Union gave a Milions++++ fine to Microsoft? :D

so sony is a nicer company? cmon they are both massive companys with one thing in common. that is coming out top dog.

No.. that with the fines was just a side joke.. didn't you see the :D?? But Sony does have a better reputation than Microsoft as in better hardware, reliable, products like: Walkman, Discman PS2 etc.. While Microsoft will always be associeted with Windows.. wma, internet explorer.. products which are.. medioric..

sorry I dont fully understand all this internet lingo but yes sony does have a better reputation but remember you are only as good as your last gig.

what I mean is you cannot live off the reputation of the ps2 forever.

That's the whole point.. Sony doesn't live of the PS2 reputation.. It has made dozens of great products.. Which we Europeans love & trust... Microsoft hasn't got that reputation that we love & trust.. It's almost hate..

oh yeah like what in the past 10 years ???? could be more years but lets keep it simple.... and especially so I don't get the Walkman argument

The Walkman argument? It's an example of a Sony product which had a great reputation.. Which brought the Brand Sony in higher regards with the Europeans..

The Cybershot camera's, the Vaio Notebooks, PS2, PSP, The Handycam... all good products which added to the reputation of the Sony Brand.. That's a head start that Microsoft doesn't have in Europe..

Or the Blu-Ray-Player for the PS3 and the 4 months delay of the console.... explosive batteries for DELL-Laptops... great hardware

Still in Europe that didn't harm their Brand reputation..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

reask said:
DOATS1 said:
does microsoft think they are that great? i personally think that they will end up third, period. they had a year to gain momentom, and the competition is gaining way more steam than they are.

totally disagree gap in europe is shrinking week by week and that is sonys turf.

the gap is srhinking...that was the point i was making. the ps3 is catching up to 360 every week, and looks set to overtake it later this year.

That's a good idea.

Of the three companies, MS are the ones who treat Europe best (already). Some consumers have realized that, some have not. There's really big potential for MS in Europe if they do it right. Just don't make crappy hardware anymore and intensify advertisements.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Perfectly agreed crumas2. I don't think they should decrease the price again, that would make them look desperate, and there's no reason for it as sales aren't bad at all (even though PS3 is still ahead). The other options would all help the 360 greatly.

While I agree that MS achieved their goal with the last price cut (sales went from shit to within ballpark of PS3), I don't necessarily agree that it would make them look desperate. The PS3 had massive pricecuts and SKU rearrangements within one year of coming out, yet rather than being seen as desperate, it worked. I think the reality of the lower cost offsets any psychological image of desperation.

NiKKoM said:
endimion said:
yeah the walkman argument, almost 30 years ago.... come on.... it's the 21st century..... Cybershot cameras are like iPods it might be big in sales doesn't make it the best product for the price tag.... Vaio notebook don't even get me started on that pile of crap..... without talking about all their proprietary shitty format they push on you like on PSP.... Sony is the microsoft of electronics... but then again it's fancy to have Sony brands in your house.. design are nice... I'll give them that... saying they are high end good quality product at that price... is a freaking joke....

Well that's you opinion about those products and I respect that.. but you do know that walkman isn't only the cassetes anymore but also their MP3 player line? And in their Phones? But thats still the reason why microsoft is losing in Europe.. the bad Brand name..

no a spec sheet and performance benchmarks are not my opinion.... and yeah their walkman line is shit compare to what you have out there... and their phone ??? is it a joke or you are serious ??? you must have been lost or in tibet

MS problems in Europe run deep and they can't really pricecut it this year after the massive drop a few months ago.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

DOATS1 said:
reask said:
DOATS1 said:
does microsoft think they are that great? i personally think that they will end up third, period. they had a year to gain momentom, and the competition is gaining way more steam than they are.

totally disagree gap in europe is shrinking week by week and that is sonys turf.

the gap is srhinking...that was the point i was making. the ps3 is catching up to 360 every week, and looks set to overtake it later this year.

Huh? If the PS3 outsells the 360 by 50,000 consoles a week (which is being generous) until the holiday season, that's still only closing the gap by about 1 million. And that's assuming nothing changes with the 360 in that time period. There isn't a chance in hell that the PS3 can catch up in that timeframe.

I honestly think if Microsoft began a Soccer game franchise or bought exclusivity to all Winning Eleven games, they will own Europe with an iron fist.

Console Agnostic since 2001.