By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to get more aggressive in Europe.

Vacuum said:
Maybe they are planning on buying exclusivity on all soccer games.. :P

that wont help uk and ireland sales lol.

Around the Network

does microsoft think they are that great? i personally think that they will end up third, period. they had a year to gain momentom, and the competition is gaining way more steam than they are.

DOATS1 said:
does microsoft think they are that great? i personally think that they will end up third, period. they had a year to gain momentom, and the competition is gaining way more steam than they are.

totally disagree gap in europe is shrinking week by week and that is sonys turf.

reask said:
NiKKoM said:
They should remove every trace of Microsoft of the xbox360.. Europeans don't like Big American Company's.. :) I mean how many times has the European Union gave a Milions++++ fine to Microsoft? :D

so sony is a nicer company? cmon they are both massive companys with one thing in common. that is coming out top dog.

Sony is typically viewed as an electronics company producing quality expensive stuff but for those that can afford it it's usually the consensus in continental europe that the quality is worth the extra cost...( Philips used to be ahead of them but Sony has caught up and even gone ahead of them).

Brand strenght is usually more important in Europe as the idea of bringing back a defective item to get it replaced is not liked at all in Europe..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

well here in europe xbox needs only huge marketing campaign, not only an advertising for gta4 or something like that, 360 needs ads for the console itself, then for games, and needs testimonials too.

Around the Network

Euros hate Microsoft. Japs hate Microsoft. Americans hate Microsoft. They just happen to bring games to their console that Americans fucking love.

reask said:
NiKKoM said:
They should remove every trace of Microsoft of the xbox360.. Europeans don't like Big American Company's.. :) I mean how many times has the European Union gave a Milions++++ fine to Microsoft? :D

so sony is a nicer company? cmon they are both massive companys with one thing in common. that is coming out top dog.

No.. that with the fines was just a side joke..  didn't you see the :D?? But Sony does have a better reputation than Microsoft as in better hardware, reliable, products like: Walkman, Discman PS2 etc.. While Microsoft will always be associeted with Windows.. wma, internet explorer.. products which are.. medioric..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

^^Actually, about 15 years ago Microsoft was a beloved company. Everyone awaited with bated breath for their next releases. They were pretty much in the position that Google is in right now. Then they became too big for themselves and legacy code became a nightmare for them.

NiKKoM said:
reask said:
NiKKoM said:

No.. that with the fines was just a side joke..  didn't you see the :D?? But Sony does have a better reputation than Microsoft as in better hardware, reliable, products like: Walkman, Discman PS2 etc.. While Microsoft will always be associeted with Windows.. wma, internet explorer.. products which are.. medioric..

sorry I dont fully understand all this internet lingo but yes sony does have a better reputation but remember you are only as good as your last gig.

what I mean is you cannot live off the reputation of the ps2 forever.

JaggedSac said:
^^Actually, about 15 years ago Microsoft was a beloved company. Everyone awaited with bated breath for their next releases. They were pretty much in the position that Google is in right now. Then they became too big for themselves and legacy code became a nightmare for them.

I know.. I loved MS-DOS... I think it was when they released internet Explorer 4 which intergrated into win 95 they went the wrong way..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)