By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to get more aggressive in Europe.

NiKKoM said:
They should remove every trace of Microsoft of the xbox360.. Europeans don't like Big American Company's.. :) I mean how many times has the European Union gave a Milions++++ fine to Microsoft? :D

If I recall correctly, California fined Microsoft by a bigger amount than the EU. Do Californians not like Microsoft? Maybe the ones at Yahoo :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
They should remove every trace of Microsoft of the xbox360.. Europeans don't like Big American Company's.. :) I mean how many times has the European Union gave a Milions++++ fine to Microsoft? :D

We dont have anything against american companies we dont just like Microsoft.

NJ5 said:
NiKKoM said:

If I recall correctly, California fined Microsoft by a bigger amount than the EU. Do Californians not like Microsoft? Maybe the ones at Yahoo :P

Really?? Because it's total is about: €1.35bn or $2.038bn.

source: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/27/ec_fines_microsoft_largest_ever/

& @ Yojimbo your correct.. We do love McDonalds..:)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
NJ5 said:
NiKKoM said:

source: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/27/ec_fines_microsoft_largest_ever/

According to wikipedia, the California fine was $1.1 billion, keep in mind that California is much smaller than the EU ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Free XBOX 360 giveaway in europe confirmed ? they can't cut the price much more without giving em away.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
NiKKoM said:
NJ5 said:
NiKKoM said:

According to wikipedia, the California fine was $1.1 billion, keep in mind that California is much smaller than the EU ;)

Well they have to pay in Euros and with the low dollar thats gotta hurt.. :D

But on topic: Microsoft does have a Bad image in Europe.. they will have to separate "Microsoft" from the Xbox360 to win Europe..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

It'll be interesting to see what actions Microsoft take in order to be more competitive in Europe. They know they have to stimulate the XBox360 business there if they want to stay ahead of the PS3. This type of aggressive corporate grandstanding is always fun to see.

NiKKoM said:

so sony is a nicer company? cmon they are both massive companys with one thing in common. that is coming out top dog.

Maybe they are planning on buying exclusivity on all soccer games.. :P

obieslut said:
Theres nothing they can do. if that big price-cut didnt work then nothing will.

What left can they do to win europe

Please explain to me how the price-cut did not work? Because the way i see it the price cut did what it was supposed to.

08' Year End Predictions

Wii: 46 Million
Xbox 360:
26 Million

PS3: 22 Million

Sale Predictions:

Gears Of War 2 - 7 Million
Fable 2 - 3 Million
Left 4 Dead - 1.5 Million
Infinite Undiscovery - 700k
Tales Of Vesperia - 550k
The Last Remnant - 700k